Ukulele brand made in hawaii

scatcat

Reaction score
Hallo, can you tell me the ukulele brand made in hawaii?
I know Kalnile, Kamaka, Koaloha, Pono (i don't understand if they produce uke in hawaii?), if you know other brand, please post it, i want to buy an hawaiian uke.
Ciao a tutti!
Aloha:D

PS sorry for my english

Pono is made by Ko'olau

Kelii is made in Hawaii. Probably the least costly too. They will have a Kumalae styled ukulele later in the year made from some koa with a story.
Ko'olau makes very high quality and beautiful ukes in Hawaii also.

Sorry, my bad. Ko'olau not Kamaka. Still the actual production is in China ...

Pono Ukulele's are Ko'olau's affordable models which are made in Java Indonesia and shipped back to Oahu Hawaii for final inspection at the Ko'olau factory.

The Hawaiian Ukulele's are; Kamaka, Kanilea, KoAloha and Ko'olau.

Last edited:
As per usual everyone is sadly forgetting Keli'i! Keli'i are solid wood koa ukes made on Hawaii and frankly you won't get a better K brand for the money.

Pono Ukulele's are Ko'olau's affordable models which are made in Java Indonesia

Ambrosius is right. Pono's are now made in China. The build quality is excellent. And they are set up at the Ko'olau shop in Wahiawa on Oahu.

Thanks everybody!
Someone know a link for the brand keli'i or a shop online were a can find it........they look nice and with a good price....but i think hard to find in europe.....
Ciao.....aloha

Kelii is made in Hawaii. Probably the least costly too. They will have a Kumalae styled ukulele later in the year made from some koa with a story.
Ko'olau makes very high quality and beautiful ukes in Hawaii also.

Can you tell us any more about the Kumalae version, or are you sworn to secrecy? :drool:

The Kumalae inspired ukes are going to be made from koa that was removed from Moana hotel many years ago and has been stored just waiting to be turned into musical instruments.The Moana hotel has a lot of history as the first major hotel opening in 1901 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moana_Hotel
KC of Kelii says he hopes to have some later in the year. No price as of yet:) To play a piece of history...

Top Bottom