French News

Thanks for the link. I wish I knew what they were saying, but it was fun to see what they had uke-wise and hat-wise.

–Lori

I'm glad it went well. Met them at UWC and they seemed like a really nice couple. I'm still kind of floored by the number of people that come to Indiana for UWC from all over the place. YogaJen from down under, Uncle E from that triangle place, Robar and Meylie from France - I'm sure I'm forgetting others.

Maybe in a year or two I'll be able to afford to visit their festival in France!

John

Gus & Finn !! Live??!!
Story is about the unlikely Vosges village setting for the first international Ukulele festival. Everyone seems delighted, even the mayor who figures he'll be ready to hit the stage for next year.

Been seeing many pics from them on Facebook. Looks like they had a great time and good turnout. I wonder if they are going to expect Mike to return the favor and show up at their fest next year?? ;)

Thanks for the link. :D

Quick translation :
They say that there's about 500 inhabitants in Lerrain and a few passionate decided to create the first International Ukulele Festival in France, about 60 musicians from around the world came and it was succesful. At 0:49 the guy say that it's a different kind of music, more soft and friendly the guy at 1:08 talks about the Cavaquinho and said that there is other variants in the world, in Brazil and so.
They say that the Ukulele is easy to bring everywhere and is more and more successful, with kids for example, because it's possible to learn fast, and unlike the flute it's possible to sing.​

That's a good remark, I learned the flute at school, that was just boring and useless, hopefully someday, kids will learn the Uke instead of that damned flute.

Anyway, hope to see some of you next year. :p

Thanks for the translation. Sounds like the usual coverage we get here in the US. Always room for more uke players! The more the better.
I wish we had ukuleles in school instead of the plastic recorders they had us use.
plastic_recorder.jpg
I think I would have started my musical involvement much earlier.
–Lori

Fiul

Thanks Mike for sharing the information! Indeed the FIUL rocked! We had players from the US (Aaron Lee, Uni and her Ukulele, Jodi Mathews), England, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, of course France and Gus & Fin from Scotland. I even played with them on stage, that was wild! And to be frank, we weren't expecting such a coverage of the event thru-out France. And we came back home in the same physical shape as when coming back from the UWC! That means the party was hectic!

Meylie Mellow & Rel-Bar
www.fiul.fr

Thanks Mike for sharing the information! Indeed the FIUL rocked! We had players from the US (Aaron Lee, Uni and her Ukulele, Jodi Mathews), England, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, of course France and Gus & Fin from Scotland. I even played with them on stage, that was wild! And to be frank, we weren't expecting such a coverage of the event thru-out France. And we came back home in the same physical shape as when coming back from the UWC! That means the party was hectic!

Meylie Mellow & Rel-Bar
www.fiul.fr
La prochaine fois, je serais là avec ma femme!

That's too funny! I think I finally have a reason to get around to renewing my passport... :)

John

Hey there folks. Trying to adapt back to my "normal" life here in Glasgow but missing all that good food and hot uke acion. Gus and I sure had a blast! Many thanks Meylie Mellow and Rel-bar for inviting us over and to everyone else in Lerain last weekend who made it so special. It ws all fantastic but the best bit for me was Yjamming in the dark at 5 in the morning. Hope we get he chance to go back. You just cant beat a good festival!

Cheers for puting up the vids Antoine and for making me breakfast even if that scum bag Gus ate it!

Fin xx

Hey Fin, welcome to the forum! You and Gus were a large part of my inspiration to pick up uke (yep, they're the ones you have to blame, folks) - I think I've watched every one of your YouTube vids.

Anyway, good to see you on here.

John

Top Bottom