New Boat Paddle Concert Uke

shrink9

Reaction score
I want to share my impressions of my new Boat Paddle Concert Uke. Here are details from the listing:

Boat Paddle Ukulele Company
Boat Paddle Concert Ukulele / CP2063 with Padded Gig Bag

Description:

New from Boat Paddle, this uke features a building technique that makes the neck and body one solid structure. The result is an extremely strong and light instrument that translates into a clearer brighter sound. All solid quarter sawn wood construction throughout. The body/neck is 65 yr old narra, a southeast Asian hardwood with mahogany-like tone. The top is one-piece Sitka spruce with perfect vertical grain.

Scale Length: 15"
Nut Width 1.375"
Frets: 13, 12 to body
Tuners: Grover 14:1 ukulele
Strings Clear fluorocarbon, high G
Overall Length, Width, Depth: 23.75" x 6.50" x 2.5"
Nut & Saddle: Micarta, Pinned Nut
Top Wood: Sitka spruce
Back & Side Narra
Finish: Satin TruOil
Finger Board: ebony
Neck: Narra
Weight: 14 oz

This is my second Boat Paddle uke. The first is a classic tenor. I have been really pleased with the tenor so decided to give the new concert model a try. Am I glad I did! The sound on this new model is excellent! The sustain (which I like) is there. All in all, I am very happy with this new model.

Here are some pictures for you:

Boat Paddle Concert Uke a.JPGBoat Paddle Concert Uke b.jpgBoat Paddle Concert Uke d.jpgBoat Paddle Concert Uke.JPG

I encourage you to check this new model out. If I can figure out how to post a sound sample, I will.

Attachments

• Boat Paddle Tenor Ukulele i.jpg
    Boat Paddle Tenor Ukulele i.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 97
That last picture if of my tenor Boat Paddle uke. Here are a couple more:

Attachments

• Boat Paddle Tenor Ukulele g.jpg
    Boat Paddle Tenor Ukulele g.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Boat Paddle Tenor Ukulele b.jpg
    Boat Paddle Tenor Ukulele b.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Boat Paddle Tenor Ukulele d.JPG
    Boat Paddle Tenor Ukulele d.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for the review. Cool uke.

I'm a boat paddle fan too, and would love to hear what this uke sounds like.

I am hoping to have a 5 string version of that style, with wood peg tuners. great ukes. Explosive sound

I want to share my impressions of my new Boat Paddle Concert Uke. Here are details from the listing:
Boat Paddle Ukulele Company
Boat Paddle Concert Ukulele / CP2063 with Padded Gig Bag

Aha! So *you're* the one who snagged that BP uke off Ebay! I was looking at that new model, wondering just how much abuse the VISA card could handle, when suddenly the listing disappeared.

One of these days I shall have a Boat Paddle concert like that.... ;)

I picked up the tenor version of that Uke at UWC. I had to raise the action quite a bit as the C string had a kind of sitar affect when plucked. It is a bit better (not gone) at the high action. (a bit hair over 3/32 at the 12th bottom of string to top of fret). Strumming it wasn 't noticeable but picking with the thumb revealed it.

I played that concert at UWC. It was very nice.

How high is your action at the 12th on your older BP tenor? (bottom of string to top of fret.)?
TP2076za.jpg

TP2076f.jpg

Last edited:
..."Overall Length, Width, Depth: 23.75" x 6.50" x 2.5"...

Is the concert boat paddle really just 6.5 inches wide? I'm considering making one in this style. It will be my 1st ever instrument build. Does it sound as good as it looks?

The one I have is 6.75" wide.

Yes, it sounds wonderful. Some days it swear it is my favorite concert. Much louder, clearer, more even than ukes costing 2x and up.

Top Bottom