FS Kamaka Pineapple

roxhum

Reaction score
I am withdrawing this sale. I am afraid that I will be sorry and that at the very least I am doing this prematurely. This is a side affect of UAS.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, this is a surprise! I know what you mean though-- I am so partial to the figure8 sopranos, and they feel much more comfortable to me. Best of luck with your sale. Any idea what you're looking to buy in place of it?

Oh my gosh is right janeray because I think I would be happy with a newer model Kamaka standard soprano. I am kind of embarrassed selling this so soon after buying. It sounds fabulous! Natalie I think I am going to buy Eugene Ukeleles Black Bear. The cheaper one, not the custom. I am out of cash so the Pineapple has to go. I hope I am not sorry...

Just bought a KoAloha Concert that's on its way. Otherwise I'd be on this like white on rice.

Oh my gosh is right janeray because I think I would be happy with a newer model Kamaka standard soprano. I am kind of embarrassed selling this so soon after buying. It sounds fabulous! Natalie I think I am going to buy Eugene Ukeleles Black Bear. The cheaper one, not the custom. I am out of cash so the Pineapple has to go. I hope I am not sorry...

The difference in sound between the Kamaka pineapple and the Kamaka figure-8 is pretty dramatic. Not in a bad way, just really different - my figure-8 sounds much more plinky, while the pineapple is fuller and louder. I will say that if I didn't use a strap I'd probably find the pineapple pretty tricky to hold.

Those Black Bears look like nice ukes. I've seen a few come up for sale on FMM and I've been tempted. Keep us posted as to what you get!

Aloha Roxhum,
I am deeply floored,,,,You're selling all your kamakas....Help me understand... MM Stan

Oh no I am crazy and now everyone will know. I am concerned that I may be sorry and I should not sell my Pineapple yet. I am withdrawing the sale.

You are not crazy,unless I'm crazy too, hmmm. I did the same thing with my Gibson It's called sellers remorse. you caught it in time. good for you.

It is, but it is one of the milder addictions, better for you than drugs or booze. and at least you have something to show for it besides a headache.

Thanks strumsilly. I'll tell Eugenie that. :eek:

=D i would keep it. its a beautiful instrument. there is a guy selling an OOOOOOOOLD old one out here where i live

Yup, I am keeping it. UAS got the best of me because I wanted another one sooooooooooooo badly. I sold my first born son instead. Ha ha, just kidding.

Eh, you can always have more children. Some ukes are just irreplaceable.

I'm not trying to sway your decision at all, roxhum, but in my case I sold all my ukes to fund a custom that came along and I haven't looked back since. If you come across a uke that you *have* to have, sometimes it's worth the risk to change things up. That being said, I think you'll also know if it's the right time to sell. :)

Top Bottom