Shot Down During Attempted Conversion...

mendel

Reaction score
Had Fathers Day dinner at my townhouse this evening. It was great. My wife, our son, both of my inlaws, and my mother-in-laws mom. Awesome dinner and great time. As I've explained here many times, my son loves music. My mother in law plays a pretty good guitar, but tonight, I got herto play one of my spare Ukes and strum some chords. She was picking it up really well, and we played a few sing-a-long songs and the whole family had a great time. Afterwards, I said "Hey, why don't you keep that Uke at your house so we can play again". She smiled, shook her head, and said "No thanks. I have my guitar". I was bummed. I thought I had her hooked. I guess I'll bring it there and accidentally forget it. I'm sure she'll pick it up and play of it is there....

Happy Fathers Day everyone!

Aloha Mendel,
She's a tough cookie eh..ha ha good idea... keep on trying, she hasn't been bitten by the Ukulele bug yet...Good Luck, MM Stan
Must be fun the parties at her house with the guitar and ukes jammin away....

Wish you luck. Don't know how old she is, but depending, going from guitar to uke not quite as simple as for you younger folks. Some of us can only take in so much new information and retain it. She may eventually come around....certainly hope she does. Would be great if you could sit with her and play uke.

Who knows, she might get more into it when she realizes how much easier it is to carry around a uke than a guitar. :) Keep trying, it's great that she tried it out anyway!

I have given away at least 4 or 5 ukes over the years, and I doubt anyone of those kids or adults plays it. I live in hope, nonetheless. I spread the Gospel of Uke wherever I can. That's all we can do.

It brings such happiness that I want to spread the word about the Uke anywhere I can.

Take her guitar so she only has a ukulele to play.

Definitely leave one at her house, but also get her to tune the guitar to open D and then you two can jam along. Always fun to play music with others!

My wife and I bought her the newest guitar!!! She was playing a 40 year old beater until then.

Instead of buying her a new guitar you should of got her a uke and said well its in the same family.

My wife and I bought her the newest guitar!!! She was playing a 40 year old beater until then.

Sit on it next time you're there.

Top Bottom