the Dolphins are coming !!!

webby

Reaction score
Finally, after weeks of waiting on back order, my Makala Dolphins are in the post and will be here in 2 days, woohoo.

I just got off the phone with the salesman and he said he personally picked out the best ones in the batch for me, I've also ordered a few sets of Aquilas (concerts and sopranos) to do a few experiments with the setup and stuff......

The price on the Dolphins was not too bad, 39 bucks Australian each, it was the price they quoted for the Aquilas that hurt...$20 bucks a set, I almost dropped the phone, i managed to haggle them down to 18 bucks but geeeeeeeez, thats expensive, pretty much added 50% to the cost of each uke, oh well, i hope the blooming kids at the schools where these are destined appreciate the extra effort that is being put into getting them decent instruments, maybe I should send one factory stock standard mahalo out with them so they can SEE AND HEAR the difference, lol.

but seriously, It's going to be great, the purpose of these ukes is to convince school principals and heads of music departments that it's worth them spending the extra dollars and buying quality ukes even in the cheap end of the scale.
(and for me to have a Dolphin to play myself - but dont tell me wife that) :)

But I am very excited that the Dolphins are on the way, I'll be pacing the driveway for the next 2 days waiting for the mail man.

I love spreading the uke vibes around the globe, and seeing kids getting right into playing and singing is ones of life's greatest joys.

peace

webby

flipper.jpg

Aloha Webby,
Get the strings on line...alot cheaper Aquilas. when they first came out in hawaii thew were 20 buckaroos...I looked at the guy and said no thanks and turned around and he said wait...I'll give it
to you for 10.00... not sure what theyn cost here now but here's where I go.. http://elderly.com/accessories/cats/STUK.htm Congrat on the new ukes..and Happy Strummings..MM Stan...

Top Bottom