Eddie Vedder on Letterman Tonight (Mon 6/20)

ckellogg

Reaction score
Just saw that Eddie Vedder is scheduled to be on Late Night with David Letterman tonight, Monday, 6/20. Wouldn't be surprised if he did something from his recent ukulele album.

Yep and he'll be using his Mya Moe Myrtle Tenor too...yummy

Didn't catch this last night but googled it this morning and found his performance. Very nice.

It was a nice performance. I did take minor issue with Dave's comment that Eddie has "single-handedly made playing the ukulele cool." My "made it cool" list started with Herb Ohta, Lyle Ritz, Kimo Hussey, and Jake (the list could go on).

It was a nice performance. I did take minor issue with Dave's comment that Eddie has "single-handedly made playing the ukulele cool." My "made it cool" list started with Herb Ohta, Lyle Ritz, Kimo Hussey, and Jake (the list could go on).

I think Eddie surpassed all of them!!!!

So does anyone think he wrote the word "Clarence" (a tribute to Clarence Clemons, who died on Saturday) directly on his beautiful Mya Moe, or maybe he wrote it on tape or something that can be removed?

So does anyone think he wrote the word "Clarence" (a tribute to Clarence Clemons, who died on Saturday) directly on his beautiful Mya Moe, or maybe he wrote it on tape or something that can be removed?]

He wrote it with black marker pen........

So that was a Clarence Clemons tribute? Cool. Looked to be printed on the wood. Removable tributes are so wishy-washy :D

i saw ed last thurs in boston. one word review

wow

the overall mood of the city is sky high for the bruins stanley cup anyway, but what a show! anyone who has a chance to go, please take advantage. i took my mom who's in her 70s (big springsteen fan) and she was gushing for two days (she may still be) about how talented and humble a man he is. my brother in law said "i didn't know he played any instruments".

ed got the news about clarence onstage sat nite in hartford and was visibly shaken. those guys have shared the stage on many occasions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXL4b44Ncds

bruce was a big part of my musical diet growing up - very very sad loss

Hmm...I'm not really a fan of the album...but I like the live stuff better... it's too bad that he didn't get a chance to talk on the show on Monday.

Great performance; a sweet tribute to a lost NJ rock and roll hero; don't think I can resist buying the record now.

another cool thing that went down in beantown -

ed likes talking story, and he was saying that last year he was in town with pearl jam and ended up in the locker room of the bruins - they had just blown a 3 games to none lead over philly, lost 4 straight and knocked from the playoffs. they were devastated. but, he said, maybe they needed to go thru that to get where they are now.
and he was telling about something tom waits had said to him in a conversation, dunno if its a lyric or line from a poem , but it's something like "even if you're at the bottom of the well, you can still see the stars". and somebody said back to tom waits, "well, i wouldn't know because i've never been there."
ed then does his spot on tom waits raspy voice and says, "and tom says, 'you will'". classic

Passionate performance. Gorgeous uke. Hmmm...so uke playing is cool is it? :)

Top Bottom