My first convert (via youtube, no less)

Dougf

Reaction score
My wife recently got together with a few of her college friends, and showed them a couple of my ukulele originals on youtube. One of her friends then showed the songs to her husband, and not only did he get inspired to take up the uke, but he decided to build his own from a grizzly kit. I guess that's sort of a twofer. :)

Aloha dougf,
Guess I know where you next uke may come from...that's so cool spreading the uke around....Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Nice going there Doug...infecting innocent people!!!(Way to go!!!!! lol)

Thats gotta be a good feeling for you. Well done and good on you for spreading the word of the uke, well it was your wife but that makes it better because it shows there are more passionate people for the uke.

My wife has become quite the uke advocate. She used to be jealous of how much time I spent practicing, but I think she started to change her mind after I wrote some songs for her. Even though she thinks my latest one is pretty corny, she also thinks it's pretty sweet. Hey, whatever works.

the uke is now an airborne transmittable syndrome

I became a uke convert after seeing Jake Shimabukuro on YouTube and Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour. I've been a guitarist for over 50 years and had never taken the uke seriously until then. And then . . .

I started playing around with my father-in-law's old Silvertone soprano, did some upgrading on it, decided I wanted something a little larger, got a nice, entry-level Lanikai concert that I can plug in or play unplugged, and my wife started getting interested. She likes the concert size better than the soprano, so I'm back at square one for a concert size. Found a concert size last week, so we're both happy now. I'll post the details of the acquisition of the most recent concert uke in another post.

Oh yeah, I kinda derailed myself. Gotta love them senior moments. What I meant to add earlier is that YouTube is a great way to turn people on to all kinds of new stuff. Not surprising at all that your first convert was via YouTube.

Top Bottom