I want to install Pick-ups in a Kamaka...... need advice

kraaazyugs

Reaction score
ok so I am going to get a kamaka six string uke in August and I need pickups to be installed for when I perform.... Should i order it from the Kamaka factory with the pickups or take the ukulele to somewhere myself an get it installed?????

I'd stick with Kamaka unless they were unable to provide a pickup that you are happy with!

I agree with all those who've posted above. I would have the pick-up installed at the factory. Which pick-ups did you have in mind? Mi-Si? Fisher?

Mason671

If you don't have the uke yet, I would order a six string from the factory with the pickup already installed. I paid a luthier to install the pickup in my Kamaka, but if I had the option to have it done at the factory when I got it, I would have chosen that route -- just to be on the safe side.

I agree with all those who've posted above. I would have the pick-up installed at the factory. Which pick-ups did you have in mind? Mi-Si? Fisher?

Mason671

i got the fishman matrix infinity :D i am sooooo excited for it to come!

You can put one in yourself BUT it's easier to have it factory installed and it should be warrantied that way. It isn't if you do t yourself. But I put a Shatten and several AXL's in some of mine and I am happy with them.

Top Bottom