PDA

View Full Version : I want to install Pick-ups in a Kamaka...... need advice

kraaazyugs
06-20-2011, 09:17 AM
ok so I am going to get a kamaka six string uke in August and I need pickups to be installed for when I perform.... Should i order it from the Kamaka factory with the pickups or take the ukulele to somewhere myself an get it installed?????

PhilUSAFRet
06-20-2011, 09:24 AM
I'd stick with Kamaka unless they were unable to provide a pickup that you are happy with!

molokinirum
06-20-2011, 09:33 AM
I'd stick with Kamaka unless they were unable to provide a pickup that you are happy with!

I agree...stick with Kamaka!!!

sukie
06-20-2011, 10:20 AM

Yep -- this is the best way to go.

Mason671
06-21-2011, 02:42 AM
I agree with all those who've posted above. I would have the pick-up installed at the factory. Which pick-ups did you have in mind? Mi-Si? Fisher?

Mason671

wickedwahine11
06-21-2011, 03:40 AM
If you don't have the uke yet, I would order a six string from the factory with the pickup already installed. I paid a luthier to install the pickup in my Kamaka, but if I had the option to have it done at the factory when I got it, I would have chosen that route -- just to be on the safe side.

kraaazyugs
06-22-2011, 12:31 PM
I agree with all those who've posted above. I would have the pick-up installed at the factory. Which pick-ups did you have in mind? Mi-Si? Fisher?

Mason671

i got the fishman matrix infinity :D i am sooooo excited for it to come!

jtafaro
06-22-2011, 01:18 PM
You can put one in yourself BUT it's easier to have it factory installed and it should be warrantied that way. It isn't if you do t yourself. But I put a Shatten and several AXL's in some of mine and I am happy with them.