Kamoa fiberglass case review on YouTube

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I found this today on YouTube. It is a review of a silver Kamoa fiberglass case. I have no idea what the guy is saying, but the thumbs up at the end at least leads me to believe he liked it.

Can anyone translate any of it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1z7snWPkC0

I'm glad to see he seemed pleased. I first inquired about these back in January, and placed my order back in March. Sam originally thought it had been shipped and was already en route to him back on May 17, but I'm still waiting for him to get it -- a bummer since he originally said my custom color order would probably take 30 to 45 days. I'm just hoping it got made and that I'm not waiting for nothing.

I know on Elderly they are sold out of some of the stock right now, so somebody must be getting them as last I heard he got in a shipment of 500 boxes (none of which had mine inside it). Has anyone here gotten their hands on one of these cases yet?

Thanks for posting this! I had a chance to look at the prototypes Sam had when I was at Larry's Music in April. He suggested at the time that it would be a while befoer he'd have them. I think he said that kamoa was redesigning them a bit, perhaps to add a third latch (the prototypes had only two). The Kamaka tenor I bought from Sam fit snugly in the tenor prototype case Sam had.

Yeah, the new ones have four latches. If you do a facebook search, there are photos of a new silver one with the four latches. The hygrometer is also now on the bottom of the case, under the uke neck, instead of the top of the case - where I worried it might scratch the fingerboard or headstock.

Yeah, I know it is taking a while. I'm just bummed since he told me it would take 30-45 days and had already been shipped. And now there is no sign of my case, even in the 500 box shipment he received last week. :(

If it's any consolation, Joe (Sam's dad) loves to tell the story about the woman from a cruise ship who came in to special order a Kamoa case and brought color swatches with her. :)

If it's any consolation, Joe (Sam's dad) loves to tell the story about the woman from a cruise ship who came in to special order a Kamoa case and brought color swatches with her. :)

Umm, I think that is me. That is what I did back in March (after discussing it with Sam online since January) -- and Sam was closed for the day. Joe spent all day trying to track him down for me. I had told Sam I would be in town on the ship that day and he forgot. So Joe ended up taking an order for me and then when I finally met up with Sam he did also. Unless, heaven forbid, there are two of us that did that.

So I think he needs a happy ending to that story -- me finally getting my case. :)

LOL! Only you would do something like that Staci. Heaven help us all if there is a clone of you out there somewhere!!! J/K!

Umm, I think that is me. That is what I did back in March (after discussing it with Sam online since January) -- and Sam was closed for the day. Joe spent all day trying to track him down for me. I had told Sam I would be in town on the ship that day and he forgot. So Joe ended up taking an order for me and then when I finally met up with Sam he did also. Unless, heaven forbid, there are two of us that did that.

So I think he needs a happy ending to that story -- me finally getting my case. :)

I was sure Joe was talking about you. He really liked your passion for finding just the right case for your Kamaka tenor. :) Sam was very nice once I finally got to meet him, but Joe is definitely the ambassador for Larry's Music.

OHHHH..."Is this the real life or just fantasy?" I have been waiting since January for my custom color teal fiberglass ukulele case to be made and delivered to Kauai. Now, when I am flying to Kauai on Monday, I just got an email that it has been delivered to the shop and looks beautiful. I'm literally doing a happy dance! "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it." Now the "waiting is the hardest part." Six months down and five days to go until it is finally mine! Tuesday morning can't get here fast enough. I think I just may be like those old school commercials where the woman presses her face and hands against the glass of the store while saying "open, open, open." Now hopefully my ukulele will finish re-humidifying itself and repairing that seam so it won't have to go into the shop at Kamaka in Oahu next week. Because the irony of finally getting the case a week before losing the ukulele might just kill me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom