I Wanna Be Like You from Walt Disney's JUNGLE BOOK

MusicTeacher2009

Reaction score
Hey this week I uploaded a ukulele tutorial for the song I Wanna Be Loved By You from Walt Disney's JUNGLE BOOK. . . It's perfect for medium beginner level playing . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmtt7qrVce8
I had intended to do this lesson months ago but never got to it . . . Then when Ian Clarkson of the JIVE ACES did it I was motivated to go do it myself. . . Hope you enjoy it. . . "HAPPY STRUMMING

I did enjoy this, and now I am working on the swingy strumming pattern (or adapting it to my style. That is, if I have one.)

Thanks!

Aloha Mike,
How cool man...you're starting to post your videos here....loved it....Keep um coming...Happy Strummings ...Many Mahalos, MM Stan

Wow, that was actually really great. I'm intending on learning this...:) THANKS!

Good choice. Easy song and I teach this to beginners also.

It's the reason I but nursery rhymes on my blog - if you are an absolute beginner, a common mistake is to try **insert complicated song here** first, then get frustrated.

I advise songs like this, or nursery rhymes for several simple reasons.

Most people know melody already and rhythm. Most people know all the words. They tend to be in keys anyone can sing, and they are simple two or three chorders.

It's my top top tip for beginners looking for songs to start with.

That was such a fantastic lesson, and right about my learning level! I am old enough that I saw the movie as a kid when it was first released in theaters, and this song was one of my favorites. Thanks for posting it here Mike!

Excellent video! I can't play at the minute due to a fractured collarbone and broken fingers but I'm intending to learn this when sorted. Cheers for the lesson!

I've been doing this one for a few months at open mics. It goes over really well.
It's also a good exercise in adding your own flair to a song.

I do a long break on the "Ohhhhh" before the second chorus and stretch it out really long, just to be silly.

I also stretch the "like" out and have a short "you", rather than do the "like you-oo-oo". I didn't plan it, it just happens.

Basically, just let stuff happen. It's fun to do in this song, because people know it, but not well enough to get offended if you make changes, y'know?

Top Bottom