UU+

joeybug

Reaction score
Hey everyone :D

I've seen a few posts from people asking if UU+ was worth the money, and I thought I would make a post about it since I've now done 3 of UUU 101 lessons through UU+.

I've been playing now for about 10 months and haven't seemed to progress as much as I would have liked to, some of it is that during that time there's been about 4 months where I haven't touched my Ukes and the rest is that I teach myself and some people (like me) although fast learners, still need to see/be taught some of the stuff, like the allusive up strum (which isn't a fancy up strum, just what I call it because I've been unable to master it during my time playing, or at least consistently master it!)

I have very limited funds available to me and when UU VIP came out, I managed to get the money together to become a VIP member because I wanted to give back to the website and the people behind it who have made my ukulele journey so very fun - if I'd not met you all, I'd still be playing out of tune Astrid! Anyway, when they announced UU+ I didn't immediately join up, I wanted to, but where as UU VIP was something I could afford yearly, UU+ was $15 a month and I was worried because I didn't think I could afford it...anyway, long story short, about 10 days ago, I had the money for one months membership - got two weeks free and from then onwards it would be $15 a month. I don't know if I'll be able to renew it every month, but I hope to.

I'm getting off tangent here, my point is that UU+ is VERY much WORTH the price, in fact they could charge more for it (though please don't or I won't be able to afford it!! lol) I've worked my way through UUU 101 videos and have just gotten to week 3, have made careful notes of each lesson so I can look back on them at a later date - just in case I can't renew the membership or something - and I'm loving it, more to the point....I'M LEARNING!!! I've gotten off the plateau I was on and I'm learning rhythm patterns, strumming patterns and I can actually do them and make them sound like they should be...still need practise to get up to the speed Aldrine and other people play at, but my point is I'm consistently about to do the up strum!!

So, it's WELL worth the money, coupled with a lesson I got for free from a friend on Skype who's just starting out and is offering free 15 min lessons (anyone who's interested there's info about it in my blog!) I'm actually making progress and I think I'll soon be able to play and people not leave nasty feedback on Youtube (I ignore the majority of it if it's not constructive, but it still bugs me) I can do nothing about my crappy singing, but man if I can up strum, I can do anything!!!

THANK YOU Ryan, Aldrine and Aaron for all you do behind the scenes and for giving your time so freely for such a wonderful website and videos and everything!

Now, to tackle lesson 4!

:music:

Great testimonial, Joey. I'm also a rank beginner and haven't yet looked into UU+ but will do so now. Thanks!

I finished UUU 101 in the live class feeds.. It was wonderful.. I joined UU plus and have made it through a few of the 102 classes.. Also excellent. For the money you can go wrong!

I love that I can do it on my time... and I have repeated and watched several of the lessons more than once!

Great testimonial, Joey. I'm also a rank beginner and haven't yet looked into UU+ but will do so now. Thanks!

You're welcome! I've found it so easy to follow Aldrine's teaching, really feel like I'm made an improvement!

I finished UUU 101 in the live class feeds.. It was wonderful.. I joined UU plus and have made it through a few of the 102 classes.. Also excellent. For the money you can go wrong!

I love that I can do it on my time... and I have repeated and watched several of the lessons more than once!

I wanted to do UUU 101 and am so glad that once I've done the vids for 101 it's easy to move onto 102 without too much hassle or having to find another $150 from somewhere!

I'm planning on signing up today :D

Saw some of the video titles and they were of things I've been curious about :)

They are great, you'll love them and well worth the money!

If you have a problem joining UU+, who do contact?

As a general UU member, I used an email address. As a VIP member, I use that same email address. But when I attempted to "upgrade" to UU+, I get an error message stating that that email address is already in use.

Anybody else have this problem?

Who do I contact?

Hey Joey,

Nice timing! I was just wondering yesterday if I should join UU+.
Can you download videos and other materials too?
I think it would be great if I can carry tutorials and lessons on my iPod.

I didn't know about UU+ but I will definitely be joining! It is worth it to me to have the videos available 24/7 and not have to worry about time zones.

Hey Joey,

Nice timing! I was just wondering yesterday if I should join UU+.
Can you download videos and other materials too?
I think it would be great if I can carry tutorials and lessons on my iPod.

I think it's something that will happen, don't think it's there just yet, best person to ask would be Rayan!

If you have a problem joining UU+, who do contact?

As a general UU member, I used an email address. As a VIP member, I use that same email address. But when I attempted to "upgrade" to UU+, I get an error message stating that that email address is already in use.

Anybody else have this problem?

Who do I contact?

Best person to ask would be Rayan or Aldrine, they may be able to help you, ask in the VIP forum, there have been other questions like this on there!

Best person to ask would be Rayan or Aldrine, they may be able to help you, ask in the VIP forum, there have been other questions like this on there!

For UU plus you have to register on the main page. It's a separate registration from the forums. I hope that helps...

For UU plus you have to register on the main page. It's a separate registration from the forums. I hope that helps...

I know, UU & UU+ are different. Tried several times and several different ways last nite to join UU+, not UU. The UU+ registration form will not accept my email address. For some reason, my email address must be in the list of UU+ registrants, although I'm not registered.

I'll let Rayan figure it out.

thanks,
Ron

I know, UU & UU+ are different. Tried several times and several different ways last nite to join UU+, not UU. The UU+ registration form will not accept my email address. For some reason, my email address must be in the list of UU+ registrants, although I'm not registered.

I'll let Rayan figure it out.

thanks,
Ron

Ok, here is the latest in case anybody else has this problem trying to join/upgrade to UU+.

Athough I was/am a UU member with Username#1, Password#1, and Email#1, the system would not let me upgrade to UU+ because the Username and Email were/are already being used (by me).

When signing up for UU+, I had to use another email address (Email#2) and also had to use another Username (Username#2), but it would accept Password#1.

It works, I can log into lesson 101 (learning about bouncing fleas), and I am now a $120 member of UU+ good for the next 13 months.

Ok, here is the latest in case anybody else has this problem trying to join/upgrade to UU+.

Athough I was/am a UU member with Username#1, Password#1, and Email#1, the system would not let me upgrade to UU+ because the Username and Email were/are already being used (by me).

When signing up for UU+, I had to use another email address (Email#2) and also had to use another Username (Username#2), but it would accept Password#1.

It works, I can log into lesson 101 (learning about bouncing fleas), and I am now a $120 member of UU+ good for the next 13 months.

Glad you managed to sign up, don't know why you had this problem, I used the same account for both UU and the UU+, well, my UU.com account for UU+ and UU forum account for UU VIP!

Top Bottom