Snark SN1 or SN2?

SunnyUke

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new here, and my Makala dolphin in Sunny Yellow is on its way! So I figure I better get a tuner asap, but I can't figure out which to purchase from Amazon. Thoughts? Thanks!

SN2 has a mic in it. You may not need it now, but will give you more flexibility in the future. No difference otherwise in performance. Depends on whether you want to invest in this feature now. Many ukers have nore than one tuner! Yeah, now we have TAS too, LOL!

I have the SN1, but I would suggest the SN2 because of the microphone. You'll have more options later down the road.

I picked it by color...RED :biglaugh:

Hi all! I'm new here, and my Makala dolphin in Sunny Yellow is on its way! So I figure I better get a tuner asap, but I can't figure out which to purchase from Amazon.

I'm a noob also, and picked up a SN2 to complement the Kala KC02 tuner that was included with my Kala concert. I was ordering some books from Amazon anyhow and, well, what's one thing added to the order....

From the Snark manual: "The frequency range detected by the SN-1 is optimized for guitar. The SN-2 is able to detect an extended frequency range and can be used for all instruments including guitar. Both tuners are chromatic, and both tuners sense the vibrations of the instrument they are attached to."

As noted the SN-2 has the microphone, however I never use it.

Steve

The SN-1 (blue) is fine for tuning uke frequencies, and has a metronome. I have one and don't miss it not having a microphone.

I just received a Snark SN6 designed specifically for Ukulele off of eBay for my Grandaughter. I like it so much I ordered another one for my daughter. It only tracks the GCEA notes which is good for them - no confusing guitar notes/pitches to get them off the tuning track. Same Snark features of swivel joints, led display, etc. It was gloss black in color with NO rubber coating. First one was $11, second was $13 (raised the price a little) including shipping.

Peace,

James

Mathematically speaking, the SN2 is twice as good as the SN1; the SN6 is three times as good as the SN2; and the SN6 is SIX TIMES as good as the SN1. That's pretty good.

Personally, I'm awaiting the release of Snark's ultimate tuner, the SNinfinity.

(You can trust these numbers, I taught two math classes today.)

Just picked up an SN6 from Island Bazaar for under $13 out the door so hurray for us socal locals. It was black. It was on special. It appeased the UAS flare up for about 5 minutes

The Snark SN-1 and SN-2 both have a metronome, although the SN-2 includes the mic. The SN-5 (black) is fully chromatic while the SN-6 is optimized for the ukulele. Both the SN-5 and SN-6 do not have the the mic or metronome features. The SN-2 is clearly the best choice of the four as it provides the most bang for your buck. You can see all four Snark tuners here.

Mathematically speaking, the SN2 is twice as good as the SN1; the SN6 is three times as good as the SN2; and the SN6 is SIX TIMES as good as the SN1. That's pretty good.

Personally, I'm awaiting the release of Snark's ultimate tuner, the SNinfinity.

(You can trust these numbers, I taught two math classes today.)

:rofl: Thank God for math teachers. What would we do without them?

Regards,
Ray

The internal mic on the SN-2 is great for tuning banjo ukuleles which typically run into issues with "vibration-based" clip on tuners (at least mine do).

Mike

The internal mic on the SN-2 is great for tuning banjo ukuleles which typically run into issues with "vibration-based" clip on tuners (at least mine do).

Mike

Hmmm. Good to know. I've got an old banjo uke project that I'm hoping to get playing this summer. Maybe I will stick with the SN-2.

Top Bottom