Lefty question

salukulady

Reaction score
Can you just reverse the strings on a regular uke for a left handed player? For casual playing. Going on a trip with my left handed sister in law, and want to take a uke for her.

I think so --- I did this on one of my cheapie ukes as my wife is left handed. Seems to work ok (even though she doesn't really use it much).

Does she already play? If not, it might be just as easy for her to learn right handed. That's what I did, and now I can't imagine playing left handed.

I do know a woman who can simply flip a uke upside down and play it left handed, although I think the fingerings would be much harder upside down!

Does she already play? If not, it might be just as easy for her to learn right handed. That's what I did, and now I can't imagine playing left handed.

I do know a woman who can simply flip a uke upside down and play it left handed, although I think the fingerings would be much harder upside down!
She does play guitar, and if there's not a lefty guitar around she does the same thing, plays it upside down. I think that's amazing! I'll have several ukes with me so I'll just change the strings on one, so she'll have a choice.

Top Bottom