I am really gonna miss them.....

Canoe Lady

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
My neighbor and best friend has had her grandchildren here for a month while their parents are in transition to new jobs in Colorado. I have known these kids since they were born. They have always lived less than 3 hours away, so they have grown up spent considerable time here in the summers. I consider them family, and having them here for the past month has been a joy. You can see by the pics that we have had a little strumming time together.

But sadly, the time has come to say goodbye. Last night we had our "last campfire", and about an hour ago, there was a little knock on my door. "We're leaving now for Colorado." At least my tears waited until they were walking away towards their cabin.

Sure, they'll be back, but not until next summer, and not for this length of time (for which their Grandma is thankful, I think). So today, I just wanted to let it out. Thanks for listening.

reese.jpg

ukulelelathan.JPG

ukulelereese.JPG

Aloha Canoe Lady,
They will be back...cherish the memories until they do....yes moving away from family and friends takes a big toll...It must have been a great month of fun with them...
How old are they?? Sorry to hear you are sad and will miss them....Yes there is SKYPE, Weeeeeee...Hope it smoothens the distance apart..but just not the same as the person to person contact..
I can imagine how you feel when they came to say their goodbyes..I would be heartbroken too...Play your ukulele girl.....hope it distacts your sadness.. MM Stan
Didn't get the pic's....awwww

For sure there will be Skype, but unfortunately, that can't take the place of marshmallow eating contests, snorkelling together, scary ghost encounters, or their hugs.
But they are excited to meet the kids on their new street, and I am sure they will be sharing their Up North Adventures with their new friends. :)

I'm sorry you're sad, there is Skype, but you're right, that doesn't take the place of personal contact, but it might make the months until they are back in town go quicker..maybe you could all become pen pals? A friend of ours does something similar with Darla, they write to each other and it brightens up Darla's day to get post and our friend loves the drawings and bits of writing Darla sends...

Hope the sadness eases soon *squishes*

See by the pics? Where are the pictures?

I am sad for you.... Children are such fun. You must like in Paradise.

I think I have it now.

Thanks for the good words. I am feeling better today. They did say they'd write too... I do love getting letters in the mail from kidlets.

Beautiful Children, I love the Tee Shirt I am alergic to my sister. Great photgraphy. You DO live in paradise! I bet it is a little cold to swim yet though. I can see you could really miss the kids. I bet they can come spend a couple weeks every summer.

We HAVE been swimming and snorkelling (although I have to 'just say no' to king of the raft after the broken nose incident of 2 summers ago...mine). We had several nice hot days 2 weeks ago so had a lot of water time then. The kids go in no matter what and come out when they can't stop shivering and their lips are blue. They do have the best Grandma in the world, for sure, and she will have them back whenever possible. She plays uke a speck also and is hoping to have more time for that now that the kids have gone.

Top Bottom