UWC 2011 road trip details - tell me your stories

OldePhart

Reaction score
Okay, so I just had the brilliant idea of writing a song about traveling to UWC set to Chuck Berry's "Promised Land" tune. My own journey wasn't really eventful enough to write a whole song, but I figure a few hundred people traveled there and between us we should be able to come up with enough for several verses.

So, you don't have to write verses unless you want to, just send me a PM (or in this thread) with details of your trip (who you are, where you left from, mode of transportation, cities you passed through, any interesting challenges or events along the way, etc.) For example, I think Mim had car trouble and got stranded for a bit, etc. I can't promise to use all of 'em because I might get too many, some might be hard to rhyme, and some might be boring :) - just kidding. Anyway, don't worry about rhyming them or whatnot, just give me the details and I'll see what I can come up with.

Also, I'll probably end up "mixing and matching" a single verse out of multiple folk's experiences - especially for those traveling from the same region.

Anyway, my plan is to have a song ready that we might all do as a group song at UWC 2012.

If you're not familiar with the song in question, here's a video of Chuck himself though this is a very abbreviated version of the song.

John

Top Bottom