FS: Honu Rope Series Concert Ukulele

Uke-lahoma

Reaction score
FS: Honu Rope Series Concert Ukulele - updated

I'm selling this ukulele to thin my collection. I bought this instrument from MGM a couple of years ago, and have enjoyed playing it alot. It was somewhat quiet when it was strung with Aquila strings. I restrung it with Worth Browns and that took care of the problem.

This is a solid koa ukulele and is in excellent condition. The grain on the front and back is gorgeous and has lots of curl. Here are a couple of sound samples for this ukulele:
I am asking $400, which includes insured shipping within the continental US. Payment via PayPal.

It comes with a hardshell case, as shown below. It also comes with a Herco humidifier. Below also are images of its front, back, and head.

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

Last edited:
Oh my ... after fiddling around with the display model at McCabe's I have to say I am so coveting this.

If only I had $400 at my disposal. But after just plinking down $250 for the aNueNue Oahu III, I doubt my wife will be very open to me getting this.

If this is still around in December, I will leap at it. But what are the chances of that, eh?

I have a Big Island Honu Traditional tenor, and I love it. It's well made and sounds really sweet. I hope your rope series concert finds a loving home.

Last edited:
Oh my ... after fiddling around with the display model at McCabe's I have to say I am so coveting this.

If only I had $400 at my disposal. But after just plinking down $250 for the aNueNue Oahu III, I doubt my wife will be very open to me getting this."

Hi poidog - where did you find a Oahu tenor for $250?? That is a great price. I love my anuenue ukes. This Honu is great, I have the tenor version. I would jump on it if I had the cash.

Hi poidog - where did you find a Oahu tenor for $250?? That is a great price. I love my anuenue ukes. This Honu is great, I have the tenor version. I would jump on it if I had the cash.

Well, to be honest, it was on Amazon. Someone returned it, and they had it at this insane price. Normally I wouldn't have taken the gamble, but I confirmed that they have a full refund policy if it is defective, so it really isn't as much a gamble as I thought. Besides, if it ended up being too dinged up or I just didn't like it I reckon I could punt it off again somewhere for at least that much, right?

If the aNueNue turns out to be a steal, I will likely be looking for a concert size later in the year. I'm saving up now, and I hope by then I'll be able to afford to splurge a bit (Big Island, maybe Pono, or perhaps Kanilea).

I've heard good things about the Big Island, both their Honu and their traditional. Unfortunately, they don't have any dealers in the West LA area other than McCabe's, and they only have a soprano in stock.

Love that wood (if I had a quarter for every time I said that....).

That is just stunningly beautiful! LOVE this uke. Can't buy it, but someone will & quick I'd bet.

Hey, PM sent!

Gorgeous. Good luck! :)

Top Bottom