Fret end dressing

Timbuck

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting one of these "Ultimate Fret end dressing files" from E-bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ultimate-Fret...I&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=822475406985014509
But I thought they were a bit expensive :mad:
so I had a go at making my own..First I studied the Video to see what was required..I got hold of some 4mm square files...ground off the the teeth top and bottom ( on the Jet Sander) and dressed off the corners on the top side only..and it was done ..I did a few while I was at it. And they work fine just like in the video.
And they worked out at £1.16p each :D
PICT0009-2.jpg

I've done the same. Little 4" flat file with the faces taken off makes a great nut file using the milled edge. In fact, most of my hand tools are modified in one way or another, especially chisels - I have a set of 5mm stubb skew chisels for the days when i hand notched braces into linings; these started out as 1/4" bevel edged 'junk' chisels on ebay bought for £1.50...

I only started this to show that you dont have to spend money on the so called "propper tools for the job"... what works best for you!.. is the right tool.:)

Top Bottom