So many choices!

I bought this same package from him and got it about two weeks ago. very nice uke! Let me recommend picking up a clip on tuner. the pitch pipe he includes is the standard one but really it just is very hard to tune with it. im stuck currently tuning it using the cd that comes with the book. but i'll soon pick up a clip on. Depending on how into it you get for me determines how long you'll be satisfied with it. currently im just fine learning on the KA-S. But i think i'll ask for a concert size for christmas. Enjoy if you end up getting it.

I've been thinking about getting a Kala KA-S. How long does this size and quality of uke usually keep people satisfied?

Depends on how addicted to the uke you get. I've been playing for around 4 months and already own 4 ukes.
:music:

But i think i'll ask for a concert size for christmas.

Thanks for the reply. If you had to do it all over again, do you wish you bought the concert uke instead of the soprano?

Last edited:
Depends on how addicted to the uke you get. I've been playing for around 4 months and already own 4 ukes.
:music:
8 months, 10 ukes......

I bought the same package in November.

I now own seven ukes. And I've sold off a couple.

That said, it kept me satisfied. I still play that Kala more than any of my other acoustic ukuleles. (It's tied with my Bugsgear Eleuke, because that one's a solid body I can play at night without waking up the roommates.)

It's a great starter package. Just don't expect it to be your last, if you're like a lot of us here.

I liked my KA-S so much I got another for the car and so I could use it to test different strings.

Someday I am sure I get another Soprano was plain' a Pono(satin and gloss like the sound of the satin better) last week, got my eye on a Koaloha, was lookin at the Koalana, thought about the Koa Kala but ordered the Kala Spruce/Maple Soprano then changed my mind for the Tenor....can't wait to get it.
You see where this is going!!!!

Oh yea love my new flea too.

I have only been playin 10 weeks.

You'll be happy with it I'm sure and when you get others it can be you take with you Uke.

i want that kala pack, reason why??
because i want a soprano ukulele.. kala is nice and its just over $100 ^^

Probably not. I like its size and its fun. everyone who comes to the house wants to get their hands on it. I think its a great starter uke and hey why not start out on the standard size uke. But collecting ukes is something no one can help. They just become addictive. But the KA-S shold hold you over for a while.

After 5 months my turnover of Ukes stands at 6 so fa, mostly very cheap, three in the house/work and three either given away or coming to a sticky end.

Recently bought the Ohana sk35 deal from MGM costing ten times as much as I had spent on a uke in the past. Very happy with it all, looks to be the same kit as the deal you mention, I also invested in a clip on tuner and it was well worth the money.

The first uke I bought was a cheapulele-no-name and I still dig it out every now and then to bash out some tunes, I still love it for the fact that it is the uke I began on. It also helps to make my Ohana sound great in comparison.

I think if you make the investment you will get your money's worth out of it and it will satisfy you as long as you need.... before you need the next one.

What are you looking to spend is about one of the first questions. If you got or want to spend $100 or so then what you found should be okay. You say you play fiddle and banjo. IMO I would say go with a Tenor. Size might comparable?????? Anyway, MGM sells a Kala-KT-CT which runs around $230 with case and everything....try look it up. Its a koa uke with solid cedar top. i got this uke for my 11yo son. I was skeptical at first, but since MGM suggested it, I trust him so I got it, and I was suprised. great sound.

Top Bottom