How do I embed a Pic

deemster007

Reaction score
Says it all really. How do I embed a picture into the text rather than a link to Flickr or Photobucket et al? clicking the insert image deeley above only showed a little box rather than the piccy.

Like that!!

Last edited:
Says it all really. How do I embed a picture into the text rather than a link to Flickr or Photobucket et al? clicking the insert image deeley above only showed a little box rather than the piccy.

Like that!!

You need to enter the direct link into the box or use the IMG code box on photobucket and copy/paste into a post, but you can only have up to 4 images in one post!

lol..I am with you deemster007, I can't get it right either!!!! Don't feel too bad.

I've been trying to do the same thing for 12 months deemster, so I'll join you and Bart in the dunce corner too! :eek:

Bums!! I must be dumb as I Norfolk turnip as I'm just not getting this correct I'm using Flickr.

I don't know Flickr so the way I suggested works with Photobucket, I did to a HOW TO video for Photobucker for MM stan, I could give you the link if you'd like?

I don't know Flickr so the way I suggested works with Photobucket, I did to a HOW TO video for Photobucker for MM stan, I could give you the link if you'd like?

I'll answer Joey...YES PLEASE!!!!!!!

Bums!! I must be dumb as I Norfolk turnip as I'm just not getting this correct I'm using Flickr.
You've got the image tags correct, but you need to put in the full path to the image, along the lines of http://flickr.com/mydirectory/image.jpg.

Flickr, however, requires you to include a link back to them when you post images elsewhere. It says they give you the BB (bulletin board) code to do this with your pics on message boards. Most forums use BB code rather than HTML because the latter can be easily exploited.

http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#2265887

And joeybug, if you don't want your link passed around, it's best to remove it and tell people to PM you for it. UU does get regularly indexed in google. ;)

And joeybug, if you don't want your link passed around, it's best to remove it and tell people to PM you for it. UU does get regularly indexed in google. ;)

I'll leave it as is for the moment, it's not a bad video just made it for Stan not general public, but if it helps someone, then great!

On Flickr, open up the picture that you want to embed here in a post. Above the picture, click on "Actions" and then "View All Sizes". Sometimes there are multiple sizes of your photo (Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large) other times there's just one or two options. Select the size you want.. for a forum, let's go with small or medium.

Hover your mouse over the image, right click, and then select "Copy Image URL". I use google chrome so that text may vary slightly.

On the forum page in UU, click the little tree square. Paste (CTRL+V or right-click Paste) in what your computer copied for you (the image's URL, or location).

4651438356_1f5073345e.jpg

Ta-da!

Top Bottom