Blue Frog Poplar and Spruce Soprano

Vic D

Reaction score
Made by me.. Vic D.

View attachment 24920View attachment 24921

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230638284927

This is a very handmade soprano ukulele made by me. It has solid poplar back and sides, poplar neck with walnut stripe, walnut headstock veneer and binding, Mother of Pearl and Zebrawood headstock inlay, Honduras rosewood fretboard and bridge, corian saddle and nut. The frets and mother of pearl dots are from Stewart MacDonald and it will be strung with fresh Aquila strings before it ships out.

My ukes are like snowflakes, each one is different, I build them with hand tools and a limited amount of power tools in my small shop and a lot of work goes into each one. I finish my ukes with waterbase lacquer wet sanded and buffed. The ukulele does NOT come from a smoke free environment. The uke will be polished and the fretboard lemon oiled before shipping.

Sometimes it takes me a week to get to the post office, shipping to the lower 48 only, sometimes I'll make an exception.

I build these instruments to last and I'll fix any problem that comes up if it's related to my work, if it's dropped or left outside in the weather or sat on, that doesn't count. But I'll do any repairs for a reasonable fee.

Thanks for looking,
--Vic

Vic,

Nice looking ukulele.

Does it sound like your other poplar/spruce ukulele on youtube?

Thanks!

John

Vic, that is a really lovely soprano. I love the combination of woods. My wife and I just got two sopranos within the span of two weeks, or we'd be making a bid, I think. Good luck with the sale.

Top Bottom