FS/FT: Covey Soprano

provines

Reaction score
SOLD

The time has come. I'm not playing this soprano anymore now that I have a tenor Bluegrass Ukulele! Back to the Covey.... It is made from Goncalo Alves and is beautiful. There are only two things to mention: 1. There was a buzz when I first purchased it but Mr. Covey identified it coming from the saddle. He had cut slots in it and one was a tad wide which caused the string to vibrate in the slot and buzz. I just flipped the saddle over and the problem was solved. 2. If you run your finger over the seam in the back you will feel a slight rise. It isn't split or cracked, it just rises a tad at the seam. It has always been that way. I just wanted you to know about it.

It has an ebony tree inlay in the headstock. I'll toss in a black gigbag. It is technically a soprano but it larger than a standard soprano. I guess you'd say it is in-between a soprano and a concert.

It has a zero fret instead of a nut so there in no chance of buzzing at the nut. I like that. Cool little star at the third fret. Moon sound hole which is pretty unique.

So, here is your chance for a nice custom uke. I'd like $300.00 for it and I'll split shipping so toss in $10.00 for shipping. However, I know what I want and what you want to pay may not be the same so the price is negotiable.

Trades? I wouldn't mind another baritone if you have a nice one laying around.

Thanks for looking! Either PM me or e-mail dprovines@provines.net

DSCN2405.jpgDSCN2399.jpgIMG_3277.jpgIMG_3276.jpgIMG_3274.jpg

Last edited:
David, that is one great looking uke. For some reason I thought you had already sold it.

Are those brass frets or the nickel-silver ones? My Mya-moe frets turned that color.

WOW, neat lookin' uke! I love the moon sound hole. Too bad I'm on a pineapple hunt, or I'd be all over this.

David, that is one great looking uke. For some reason I thought you had already sold it.

Are those brass frets or the nickel-silver ones? My Mya-moe frets turned that color.

I tried selling it once but the buyer backed out and I decided to keep it. My mother passed away unexpectedly two weeks ago and after digging through the rubble at her house, I've decided to simplify my life and only keep what I need and actually use. So, although this is a nice uke, it needs to move along. I'm not certain about the frets. They have always been that color. I don't think they are brass. I just don't know.

Top Bottom