Songs that Sound Good Linked Together?

experimentjon

Reaction score
Well, I just realized something: I rarely ever play a song all the way from beginning to end when I'm playing casually by myself, because I just get bored half way through, or I realize that I don't know all the words. So, after watching Aldrine play last night at Diamond Head Cove I thought of an ingenious idea! (If you haven't watched him play live, you absolutely must, because you can't fully appreciate his talent just based on his youtube videos...he's a beast on stage.) Anyway, the idea wasn't that ingenious, because I'm sure a ton of people do it, but linking songs together with the same chords would totally make up for my tendency to get bored of a song half way through.

A good example of linking songs can be seen in these videos:
I'm Yours, I'll Do Anything, One Love
Hero Heroine, No One, I'm Yours

Thus, although they're playing in different keys, we can determine that:
I'm Yours
I'll Do Anything
One Love
Hero Heroine
I'm Yours
...can all be linked together. I have no idea what Aldrine is playing in that video, but I think it's some transposition of A, E, F#m, D (which should be what Shawn is playing.)

So basically, I was hoping that people could name some song sets that they think sound good linked together, and the chord progression for all those songs. I'm sure you know some!

you know, the funny thing is that this past weekend, i put together a medley. although it's not as good as shawn's hero/heroine, i'm yours, no one medley, i think it's pretty okay. i put together:

i wanna be her man - kani makou version
just one night - ekolu
the greatest gift - heart & soul
perfect together - danyo cummings

i think i gotta take out perfect together though, it just doesn't blend too well with the other songs but i like the lyrics.

and yes, i think aldrine is using that chord progression. for some odd reason, i think shawn's uke is outta tune or the vid makes it out of tune... i could be wrong but i still love his vids.

pearly shells, tiny bubbles

Well, I just realized something: I rarely ever play a song all the way from beginning to end when I'm playing casually by myself, because I just get bored half way through, or I realize that I don't know all the words. So, after watching Aldrine play last night at Diamond Head Cove I thought of an ingenious idea! (If you haven't watched him play live, you absolutely must, because you can't fully appreciate his talent just based on his youtube videos...he's a beast on stage.) Anyway, the idea wasn't that ingenious, because I'm sure a ton of people do it, but linking songs together with the same chords would totally make up for my tendency to get bored of a song half way through.

A good example of linking songs can be seen in these videos:
I'm Yours, I'll Do Anything, One Love
Hero Heroine, No One, I'm Yours

Thus, although they're playing in different keys, we can determine that:
I'm Yours
I'll Do Anything
One Love
Hero Heroine
I'm Yours
...can all be linked together. I have no idea what Aldrine is playing in that video, but I think it's some transposition of A, E, F#m, D (which should be what Shawn is playing.)

So basically, I was hoping that people could name some song sets that they think sound good linked together, and the chord progression for all those songs. I'm sure you know some!

good example.
i got the song no one and i think its elephant man in background.. sounds great :D

the whole night was insane from start til finish. ive never heard any 3 songs that sounded better together than that

Mother Mother Ocean
Sloop John B
Son of a Son

Oops... my bad!!!

I was tryin to type and talk on the phone at work...
I've been singin (in my head) "Pirate" all day.

Soon as I figure out how to use my new webcam I give you my "bucthered" version of those!!!!

Try this one; Pua Nani/Nightbird . . . oh and another easy one is Meha Meha/White Sandy Beach

Last edited:
Top Bottom