Cakelele

deemster007

Reaction score
On my birthday last month my mother in law presented me this cakelele modeled after my Dolphin (with matching saddle ). Very tasty it was too!

5786024855_8fa390496e.jpg

That is really cool! Glad you worked out how to post the pic!

It was a very nice double layer chocolate sponge with chocolate cream sandwiched in between. The bridge etc were simply black coloured fondant icing....any more chocolate may have caused a seizure.

Hmmm. I'm reading this at lunchtime. Now I have a craving, and it isn't to play my ukulele!

Wow, two of my favorite things combined - uke, and chocolate cake!

John

A lot of work must have gone into making such a faithful reproduction of your Dolphin. What a thoughful thing for your mother-in-law to have done. As much as I like chocolate, I would have had a hard time cutting into that cake.

That is awesome! I am going to show this thread to someone who bakes.

She tells me she hand kneeded the icing adding the colour herself rather than buying ready coloured icing from a baking supplies shop.
A couple of weeks ago she made a Jack Daniels cake for my own father which went down well and in March made an excellent Thomas the Tank Engine for my 2 year old's birthday.

I consider myself lucky that she makes the time to do this stuff as the father-in-law is a very poorly chap.

wow....that is way too cool...and so is your mother in law...love the dolphin bridge....glad you took some pictures of it..for memories and sharing with us...BTW Happy birthday..Happy Strummings..
MM Stan

wow deemster. You've got a loving family there brother. :)

Top Bottom