How not to pack a ukulele for shipping

strumsilly

Reaction score
This is a good reason not to buy off evilbay. needless to say I would like to return this vintage Favilla and have emailed seller. what if they won't take it back? anybody need kindling?
FAVILLA 002.jpgFAVILLA 001.jpgFAVILLA 003.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no that is awful. If the seller is at all reasonable you should be getting your money back.

And if they aren't reasonable.. file a claim with Paypal to get your money back. That's ridiculous! There weren't even any foam peanuts or something?

It's amazing how many people in this world are just plain stupid. There's no other way to say it. When you can't be bothered to find a box that a uke will fit in with some packing (crumpled newspaper if nothing else) you shouldn't even be offering to sell stuff.

And, having worked in a grocery store many moons ago, I know that those big cardboard cases that tissue paper comes in are about the weakest form of corrugated cardboard to be found. They're just about strong enough to keep the packages of tissue from spontaneously avoiding each other - because tissue paper is light and pretty much damage proof.

If you don't get your money back, post negative feedback containing a link to those pictures...

John

paid with ppal, but they are no pal of mine. the last claim took forever to settle.

That's why I never keep a paypal balance and I always pay with a credit card via PayPal. A few years ago I had to make a claim - it was an obvious fraud case where an ebayer had sold stuff to dozens of people and then gone missing - closed the account when the negative feedback started rolling in. PayPal "investigated" for several weeks. They were doing nothing and wouldn't respond to my emails. Finally, I called my credit card company and explained the situation to them and they cancelled the charge. Miraculously, the very next day PayPal remembered that I exist and sent me a nasty gram complaining that I had reversed the charges on my card!

There's a good reason PayPal won't let you pay with a credit card if you have a positive PayPal balance, and why they push their own debit/credit card so hard. I wonder if anyone who has paid with a PayPal balance, eCheck, or PayPal card has ever gotten a refund? :(

John

I'm know I am missing out on a lot of good stuff, but I never use paypal and have never purchased anything on ebay or craigslist.
Too many horror stories and I don't want to be one of them.
But I do keep getting emails from paypal stating that my account needs updating.
Yeah, right.

Sorry. We know you were looking forward to the baritone.

Even calling it a packing job is generous. Would have been safer putting stamps on the uke itself. At least the handlers would have known not to mangle.

Keep us up to date on settlement and who steps up- seller, paypal or ebay. Good luck.

I have been with eBay since their first year in business. I opened a PayPal account shortly after they started up, too.

My feedback rating is now over 200...that's over 200 transactions both as buyer and seller.

I've had a total of ONE bad eBay experience - a scammer who sold product he didn't have and ran as someone else mentioned.

My PayPal account was hacked once - PayPal caught it immediately, reimbursed me immediately for the lost funds, and helped me re-secure my account.

The fees are getting a bit high, yes, but overall my experience with both organizations has been extremely positive. Both of the ukes I play currently were purchased using PayPal on eBay. Their cases, too.

Your Mileage definitely May Vary.

Looks fine to me. ;)

Good luck making it right. And your thread title is perfect.

Last edited:
That's why I never keep a paypal balance and I always pay with a credit card via PayPal. A few years ago I had to make a claim - it was an obvious fraud case where an ebayer had sold stuff to dozens of people and then gone missing - closed the account when the negative feedback started rolling in. PayPal "investigated" for several weeks. They were doing nothing and wouldn't respond to my emails. Finally, I called my credit card company and explained the situation to them and they cancelled the charge. Miraculously, the very next day PayPal remembered that I exist and sent me a nasty gram complaining that I had reversed the charges on my card!

I hope you told PayPal that you'd open a claim for them and look into it.

It's amazing how many people in this world are just plain stupid. There's no other way to say it. When you can't be bothered to find a box that a uke will fit in with some packing (crumpled newspaper if nothing else) you shouldn't even be offering to sell stuff.

And, having worked in a grocery store many moons ago, I know that those big cardboard cases that tissue paper comes in are about the weakest form of corrugated cardboard to be found. They're just about strong enough to keep the packages of tissue from spontaneously avoiding each other - because tissue paper is light and pretty much damage proof.

If you don't get your money back, post negative feedback containing a link to those pictures...

John

I agree.

To OP, did you insure it?

file a claim with pay pal, postal service... or return it back to the seller...if they won't accept it back ....contact E-bay and file a complaint.....sorry for the bad news...hope the Koaloha comes soon...

Top Bottom