Honey, I need another uke because...

haharobots

Reaction score
I just bought uke number two, and I'm wondering how I'm going to explain the purchase to my BF when it arrives on the doorstep. (not that I need to, but he'll think its silly to own two) :p Of course, everyone here understands that I absolutely couldn't possibly live without both a soprano and concert size one, haha!

So, lets hear it. What do you tell your SO to justify your UAS? :D

Just explain why you'll soon need a tenor or pineapple and he'll forget all about the concert.

There are so many ukes and so little time.

I need two ukuleles because they make me happy, and when I am happy.....good things happen! ;)

I just bought uke number two, and I'm wondering how I'm going to explain the purchase to my BF when it arrives on the doorstep. (not that I need to, but he'll think its silly to own two) :p Of course, everyone here understands that I absolutely couldn't possibly live without both a soprano and concert size one, haha!

I just ask her before I buy. Of course we are married and once you are married I feel you should get permission but if we were only dating, there would be no need to justify.

Where at in Blue Ridgemountains are ya? You are fairly close to us so you both should try and come to a SEUkers uketogether.

Actually, you answered your own question in the title. When my wife asks me why I need another uke, my answer is always, "Because." And if she wants me to be more specific, I simply add "Just" before the original answer... ;)

If my girl wants to buy another ukulele, she always has my blessing. She does not even need to ask.
She has only been playing a few months and is looking at her fourth uke. She will drop everything to attend a ukulele gathering. I thought I was crazy until I met her.
We may not be breeding, but our ukuleles are multiplying.

We may not be breeding, but our ukuleles are multiplying.
Well, as long as your ukuleles aren't breeding. Wait...that would be a good thing - free ukes forever!

Suggest to her she should be glad you are not into vintage cars, point out how expensive golfing is, etc. etc.

I have done the same with yo-yos, old cars, music (really bad with that), motorcycles- it is old hat by now, but marriage is a give and take. She realizes we will never have the same bank account, but when I want something new, I just build her stuff. She mentioned she would like to get chickens- I built a coop...I got a Baritone. She is running low on bee hive frames, I build a few hundred...I get a Risa. The VOX 3 mini amp was the one she really thought was stupid- could not figure out for the life of her why I needed that...
I guess she figures the kid we don't have would be more expensive and less entertaining, and it keeps me out of trouble. I finish the "honey-do's" and I can buy something (of course with my own money).
Just spent four days purging the garage and deep cleaning it out, a place for everything and everything in it's place- hoping to sell one motorcycle and one car soon (bike is probably gone already)...
Resonator here I come.

Q: How many ukes does a person need?
A: Just one more.

It's basic physics.

"Because they make me happy" should be enough for any loving partner. As long as money is not a problem, then you should be free to pursue whatever you like. If he is curious and needs to know more, then you can explain all the different sizes, tunings, wood types, and shapes. Collecting is something interesting people do. It would be rather boring to not have any passions.

–Lori

Its easy. I do the woman's trick that they think us guys don't know about. I hide it for a day, bring it out slowly giving it more and more exposure until she finally asks, "Where did you get that one?". Then I reply, "Oh this old thing? I bought this a while back... " hehheh... Yeah women, WE know about that one.. ;)

I have never had to ask my spouse for permission to buy a ukulele. Oh yeah, that's right, I'm divorced. I guess that's why I have so many.:)

Today: "honey, i bought you this gorgeous (fill in the blanK), cause i love you," kiss her.
tomorrow: "honey, remember that bargain i told you (never really did tell her) i found on the internet some weeks ago? it arrived today !!"

when in doubt, lie. I say, that uke, I've had that one for forever. the more you get, the easier it is.

Aloha Haharobots..

Nothing gets between me and my ukes...um calvins klein???

The strings are worn out so I needed a new one.

It's a love thing. If he really loves you he will understand. If not, at least you'll still have your ukes to hug.

(get him to read this, he'll know what it means)

Top Bottom