John Pak aka Keonepax

arturo2

Reaction score
John Pak is a young Hawaiian teaching English in Japan and one of my favorite (and most prolific) amateur ukulele player/singers. He had a bunch of neat stuff on You Tube and for reasons of copyright infringement, they removed his songs from the site. This puzzles me because John did mostly old pop standards like everyone else on You Tube (except the obvious infringements about which there seems to be no policing). THe only thing I can think of is that he did the songs so well that those with the copyrights got nervous but that makes little sense. Here's a piece he did with Bosco & Honey, www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHArhZUU0X8 which apparently wasn't in his canceled account.

Anyone know anything about this?

John Pak is a young Hawaiian teaching English in Japan and one of my favorite (and most prolific) amateur ukulele player/singers. He had a bunch of neat stuff on You Tube and for reasons of copyright infringement, they removed his songs from the site. This puzzles me because John did mostly old pop standards like everyone else on You Tube (except the obvious infringements about which there seems to be no policing). THe only thing I can think of is that he did the songs so well that those with the copyrights got nervous but that makes little sense. Here's a piece he did with Bosco & Honey, www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHArhZUU0X8 which apparently wasn't in his canceled account.

Anyone know anything about this?

Yup. He posted about it, and opened a new YT account, at least a couple of days ago, if not longer.
He explained it too, please make a search, and you'll see all about it.

John's one of the "ol timers" here (member #387), I think early 08 just after the site started in late Nov 07. Most of the peeps who've been here know of him.

Thank you all. I actually found it too when I posted the above link. Here's my favorite video that John has made which I think is very clever, cute lady too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cidTm4TYezE&feature=mh_lolz&list=FL3VpuCPyxrNI

I've always loved this song. This song made The Seekers the first Australian group to have a top 5 hit in Australia, the UK and the US at the same time. I liked this rendition so much I learned the song with the chords John had posted (in the K of D) and then I learned it in the key of C so I could sing it better. John and Siany still perform it much better than I do. :)

Top Bottom