New Uke day

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have my 1st true Hawaiian Koa Uke today. Most already seen and/or heard it in the WITB game. But I want to formally introduce my newest member of my personal uke family. His name is "Aphid", and I really like this thing. Have spent all day playing him. Even "set him up" lol. Actually, I do plan to put a new nut on to change his string spacing a little bit. But, today, I put on a set of Jasper Happy's strings from the UK. They are slightly smaller in diameter, and I can tension a bit more. He does play allot better just with that string change. So, without further adue. I introduce "Aphid".
aphid.jpg

Ku'u poki'i is really happy now because she's not the little one anymore and has a little brother to beat up.. ;)

Last edited:
Tony, I've got to hear you play this. Great looking strings BTW!

Aloha Bruddah Tudorp,
what a score...have fun and enjoy...looks amazing and love the strings....it looks no bigger than your hand...wish had a picture of it ihn your open palm...yet you play it so nicely...thanks for sharing,
MM Stan

Well, here is the video of me playing Aphid, but before I changed the strings.. Need to adjust the intonation a lil.. lol..

I thought I would work on a prototype hard case for Aphid. Making one out of cardboard 1st to see if it will be feasible. Then, will make one out of styrene (can be had in thin plastic sheets, commonly used in modeling). Then covered in leather, or faux leather. Lined with felt.. Little handle. I think it will be cool. We'll see.. ;)

P1040683.jpg

Hi Tony,

Cute little ukulele you got there. Looks real nice.

Your dog looks too much like my Rat Terrier "Brattie". Brattie is a "giant" Rat Terrier. He weighs in around 33 pounds. He is an absolute sweetheart and your dog looks like a sweetheart too. I am sure he brrings a lot of love into your life. It looks like he's pretty comfortable lying on your shoulders. You gotta love em...!!!

Yeah, he's a trip. He's a beagle, but still a pup 14 weeks. An awesome dog and always climbs and sleeps behind my head. Not sure how thats gonna work when he is full grown tho.. lol. I decided though, just a few minutes ago. Just bought some 1/8" mahogany, and I'm gonna make a few little ukes. They will be my very first full 100% Dük Uke. I'll call it, "Puny Dük". ;), Or, the "Dük Aphid".Not sure yet.. Still in corporate meetings.. with myself.. hehheh

I thought I would work on a prototype hard case for Aphid. Making one out of cardboard 1st to see if it will be feasible. Then, will make one out of styrene (can be had in thin plastic sheets, commonly used in modeling). Then covered in leather, or faux leather. Lined with felt.. Little handle. I think it will be cool. We'll see.. ;)

Aw, man - you are WAY TOO CRAFTY! Uncle Elvis NEEDS one of these Tangi's - he'd build a baby-bindle for it like he did for his Sopranino "Blanket".

Heres the tuners. they are made from brass, and pretty rough on the fingers. I tune it with a pair of needle nose. But, on mine, I think Im gonna make them from wood.

P1040685.jpg

That's awesome. Love the case, very handy for travel. Thanks for the pics... always love pictures.

And dude, don't freak, but you've got a dog on your shoulders. FYI.

That's awesome. Love the case, very handy for travel. Thanks for the pics... always love pictures.

And dude, don't freak, but you've got a dog on your shoulders. FYI.

Yeah I know. I keep washing my hair and showering daily, but still seem to not be able to get rid of the dog problem.. ;)

What a cool little uke, the multi-colored strings look great too. And Aphid is a great name too. Congrats!
Cheers -F

Heres the tuners. they are made from brass, and pretty rough on the fingers. I tune it with a pair of needle nose. But, on mine, I think Im gonna make them from wood.

I appreciate the look... interesting construction & I agree, wood would be a natural! And if you lost one, you could use a toothpick.

Top Bottom