"Illegal Smile"

John. Great job. I love Prine's stuff. He has never been recognized as he should have been.

This made me smile till my mouth hurt Mr. Eugene- great tune, and well played. So wish you lived down the street so we could play the summer away on great tunes like this one...and make our wives wish we'd go away ;)

Well done, Eugene...... that first record of his is one of my top 5 trapped-on-a-desert-island albums..... been working on a few of the tunes myself. This tune suits your style to a t.... thoroughly enjoyed it.

Really well done. I love Prine's stuff, too. I agree with olgoat he should have made a bigger splash. Of course, with artists you have to wonder if his stuff would be as touching if he had made it really big.

John

btw John's still touring and doing well. I don't think Bonnie Raitt recording "Angel from Montgomery" hurt his bank account any.

thanks Dave, cb, 23, and messrs ye olde goat and phart. Yeah, John Prine really has some amazing songs. I have an old tape from the 1970's of a gig he did and his lyrics are just so incisive, and his commentary in between is gloriously deadpan and cynical. Funny how he's made a living by only knowing 3 chords...at least that's his story... he he :)

One of these days I'll try a video of "Spanish Pipedream" - one of my Prine Favorites.

I saw John in concert recently. He knows at least 5 chords. Two of them are minor.

(g)

While I liked the show, and the gentleman with him playing lead guitar (Or, as he introduced him "Meet my band.") was terrific, the yahoo in the sound booth needed to have his fingers broken - he cranked the volume up so much that it was painful - and I have a significant hearing loss!

--Kurt

Top Bottom