Tiny tangi twins

eculuke

Reaction score
9f0de9ea.jpg

Nice! I like the one on the left best. How do they sound? I have got twins as well, but one needs a bit of work as the strings lay too low on the fretboard and as a result sounds terrible. I'm going to attempt to fill in the grooves on the nut as I think they may be too deep. We shall see if I can make it a "player". ;)

Nice! I like the one on the left best. How do they sound? I have got twins as well, but one needs a bit of work as the strings lay too low on the fretboard and as a result sounds terrible. I'm going to attempt to fill in the grooves on the nut as I think they may be too deep. We shall see if I can make it a "player". ;)
Why not make a new nut? Bone would probably help out quite a bit.
Those are the cutest dang things I have ever seen...UAS is all a buzz again (dang it)

Why not make a new nut? Bone would probably help out quite a bit.
Those are the cutest dang things I have ever seen...UAS is all a buzz again (dang it)

Now that's a thought! Thanks...guess I have to go look up how to replace it, how to remove, etc.

Thanks TCK :)

I can walk you through it if you need- hit me PM...I just want to hear the darn little thing play!

I will attempt to make it play, but likely you'll get a better idea from any of these Tangi mini uke performances:

http://www.youtube.com/user/willgrovewhite (Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain fame). He's got one video with a Tangi uke and another with one from a German luthier.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pfrogner Has a few samples on his Tangi mini uke if you go through his uploads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yavgpW9g1w8 (UU's own UKISOCIETY...he posted this up on another thread)

That first guy before I realized that was a whistle strapped to his face, it was kinda creepy. I thought we have a Silence of the Lambs uker out there somewhere.. lol

I have mine slated for a total re-work on my "ta-do" list. New nut and saddle, and it is in bad need of some fretwork. I might even end up trying to put a new cleaner fretboard on it. Maybe even try to make one from scratch. My mind is going crazy with ideas for making some of these things..

That first guy before I realized that was a whistle strapped to his face, it was kinda creepy. I thought we have a Silence of the Lambs uker out there somewhere.. lol

I have mine slated for a total re-work on my "ta-do" list. New nut and saddle, and it is in bad need of some fretwork. I might even end up trying to put a new cleaner fretboard on it. Maybe even try to make one from scratch. My mind is going crazy with ideas for making some of these things..

Lol, yes, definitely not on my list of "instruments" to get into!!!

As for your rework...I'd love it if you'd keep me posted with your process and results!

Working on a case....going to cover the outside with some faux croc. Still a work in progress

8faf445b.jpg

That is cool. I am working on a cardboard prototype right now, then planning to build one from styrene and covered with faux leather.

Those are great and I would love to get one to go along with my Tangi Tenor....:iwant:

Top Bottom