Hello, from Edison, NJ

villafranca

Reaction score
My sons gave me a gift card to Sam Ash for Father's Day, so this past Monday, I picked up a Makala MK-C and totally fell in love with the uke. Dissatisfied with the action on the MK-C, and with a better idea of what I was looking for in a uke, I went back to the store and traded up for a Lanikai LU-22 CFM. Not having done any research on the Lanikai, it simply spoke to me.

I'm a guitarist and never was a fan of flamed maple, but this is one good lookin' ukulele! But I bought it because it sounds even better! Haven't seen much about this model on this forum, so if anyone has questions (or info), bring 'em on...

And now, pictures:
mabel1.jpg

mabel2.jpg

Cheers!
Sean V.

Last edited:
Aloha villafranca,
Welcome to UU and the forum and congrats on that beautiful uke. Have fun with it...................BO.....................

Aloha Sean,
Welcome to the UU and our forums...wow that is an awesome looking uke..Congratulations...have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings...MM Stan

Welcome to the UU. When I lived in Allentown PA, I used to drive to Edison to buy guitars at New Jersey Guitar, he always had a nice selection of Rickenbackers and cool used gear.

Welcome!!!!!!! That's a nice looking Lanikai. It will serve you well, and after all, "it spoke to you."

Welcome!! Yes when a uke speaks to you its best to listen! The uke that chose you is a beauty.

The Lanakai's are nice playable ukes from their cheapest models to the most expensive. I have three myself, my first a LU-21C which is a low end, but very playable model - great for camping, a Mango Concert, and my NK-T a solid Koa top tenor that I play a great deal. As a fellow guitarist, you may find a low G tenor to your liking as well. The neck is longer and the low G makes it exactly like a guitar with a capo at the fifth fret minus E and A strings.

-Dan

Welcome to the UU and congrats on your new uke!! It's a beauty!!

Hello from up in Northen Jersey! Nice lookin uke brudda

Top Bottom