swing brother swing

Great videos! The lesson is extremely helpful.

I'm a long time guitarist who's only been playing ukulele a few weeks. What I always find most helpful is a chord sheet with just lyrics and basic chord names. That way I can experiment with different chord forms and other fancy stuff to come up with my own version of the song. Plus I have something easy to follow while I learn it.

So I looked around the net and there's just not a chord sheet out there for this song. There are a lot of different versions to watch or listen to, with each one having slightly different lyrics. I found a couple different versions of Billie Holiday's lyrics. But no chords. So...

Using the pause and scribble method, I went through the lesson video and wrote down all the chord forms. Then I analyzed those forms and figured out what to call them. Cut and paste some lyrics from the net, write in the chords and voila! A very basic chord sheet.

The lyrics aren't quite the ones in the video, but this is jazz so you're supposed to make it as you go anyway.

Code:
Am          F7   E7
Deep rhythm captivates me
Am          F7   E7
Hot rhythms stimulate me
Am             F7       E7
Can't help but swing it boy
D7       E7       Am
Swing it brothers swing

Am            F7     E7
Don't stop to diddle daddle
Am        F7      E7
Stop this foolish prattle
Am       F7      E7
Come on swing me boy
D7       E7       Am
Swing it brothers swing

G7
I'm rarin', rarin' to go 
C
Ain't nobody gonna hold me down
A7
I say listen bro'
F7                         E7
Hurry up and send me let me go to town

Am        F7     E7
Stop this diddle daddle
Am       F7      E7
And this foolish prattle
Am       F7     E7
Come on kill me boy
D7       E7       Am
Swing it brothers swing

Alter and embellish however suits your own tastes and abilities.

Webby, Love the song and the video! Because of you, I added this song to my must learn list.
Thanks so much J-Peg for the chords. I have had the tutorial on my list of things to tackle, but other things came first. You have saved me (and I suspect others) a bunch of time. Now if it rains tomorrow, I know what I will be learning.

Top Bottom