KoAloha KCM-00 Concert Uke & Uke Crazy Basket Weave Hard Case<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldePhart

Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Okay, I've mentioned in the past that I would probably sell my KoAloha concert after I got my KoAloha longneck soprano. I decided to wait until after UWC. I finally got around to taking pictures so here it is.

First, about the uke, it's like new. I bought it new about 8 months ago. I loved it, but came to realize that I really like the sound of a soprano body better, in spite of the scale being too short for my fingers. So, I bought a longneck with the idea that I would probably sell this one after.

This has always been kept in the Uke Crazy case with humidifiers. I just examined it very closely and I could only find one tiny mark on the back that is so small I'm not sure it isn't a figment of my imagination - I certainly couldn't get it to show up in the pictures even with my Canon DSL.

The case itself has one or two small scuffs - nothing I think you'll spot without going on a hunt, though. The strings on it are similar to Worth clear mediums (the same gages of Seaguar leader but with an E-string one size smaller than in the Worth sets - this seems to balance better and these are the strings I have on most of my ukes). I'll also throw in a set of Savarez strings that I won in the raffle at UWC just because. I'll also toss in one of my homemade humidifiers - IMHO they work much better than the worm thingy that came with the uke. :)

NOTE: Everybody knows that KoAloha ukes are great ukes but both of mine came with what I consider a pretty high action at the bridge end. The intonation at the nut end is perfect, but the action at the 12th fret seems very high to me. It's not unplayable, but much higher than I like. I don't have an accurate means to measure the action, but I've tried to show it in the first picture. Originally I compensated the saddle on this uke, which brought the intonation up the neck inline better with the strings I was using and lowered the action substantially. I moved that saddle to the longneck soprano when I got it, moving the factory saddle to this uke. I consider it too high, but it's how KoAloha ships them. If you would like, I'll compensate this saddle for you before shipping the uke, that will lower the action considerably, but maybe too low for some people. Just let me know if you want me to compensate the saddle before shipping it - no charge.

I don't need to sell this so the price is $650 firm including the Uke Crazy case and shipping and insurance to the lower 48. Payment by PayPal prefered - I'll send you a payment request. Payment by check or USPS (only) money order is okay but I won't ship until it clears. If you're in Alaska or Hawaii I'll charge actual shipping. Sorry, I won't ship outside the US because dealing with the customs forms is more hassle than I need.

John

Attachments

• mp1.jpg
    mp1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 208
  • mp2.jpg
    mp2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 201
  • mp3.jpg
    mp3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 239
  • mp4.jpg
    mp4.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
that back is very pretty. good luck with the sale.

Good luck with the sale. Would love to see your review/ show of the KoAloha longneck soprano...bet you are well pleased with it,

Chris

Good luck with the sale. Would love to see your review/ show of the KoAloha longneck soprano...bet you are well pleased with it,

Chris

Thanks. Yes, that review is one thing I need to do. I'm very pleased with it, especially after putting the compensated bridge on it. So pleased I took it to UWC instead of taking the Kiwaya longneck that I'd basically bought for that sort of purpose.

Well, oldephart, I guess you wont be needin that Kiwaya any more...(hint, hint)

Actually, I'm thinking I'm going to put a pickup in the Kiwaya. I don't quite have the nerve to do that to my KoAloha, but the Kiwaya I'll take on. :)

And sale cleared - uke is sold, thanks folks and especially to the buyer. I'll send it priority mail so you should see it in 2 to 3 days.

Thanks,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom