Nursery rhyme medley = Free Uke

russ_buss

Reaction score
UPDATE: here's the winning announcement!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBVYEDjBD5k

thanks to all that entered. your entries were so fun to watch. great job everyone!

because i had such a tough time picking a winner, there will be a prize for second place. i'll announce that once i've figured out a good 2nd place prize.

hey everyone. so i was just catching up on the my daily soaps (Days of our Lives and UkuleleUnderground), and ran across this thread about songs that sound good together. after reading Deach's brilliant medley suggestion, i figured it must be a sign to give away something near and dear to me: my only tenor uke. it's a Lanikai LU-21TE/BK and i rarely if ever play the thing.

i'm giving it away with hopes (and much denial) that i don't really have UAS. so help me out here people. i need to thin out my collection so i don't look like a total fiend.

THE PRIZE
Lanikai LU-21TE/BK acoustic/electric ukulele with case and ko'olau gold strings(Low G)
picture.php

picture.php

THE CONTEST:
make a video of you (or yous if it's a collab) performing these three songs:

• Mary Had a Little Lamb
  • Baa Baa Black Sheep
  • The Alphabet Song

THE CANS:
you can play them in any order
you can sing or do an instrumental
you can use other instruments
you can do it as a collab or duet
you can add other songs into the mix (i.e. i'm yours) but it must include the 3 listed above.
you can be from anywhere in the world
you can do it!!!!

THE CAN'TS
u can't touch this, hammertime

DEADLINE: you have until the end of the month August 31 to submit. the most creative or fun video will win the prize!!!

good luck everyone and hopefully we'll all be able to enjoy some cool and creative videos!:nana:

Last edited:
Something tells me I'm going to be disqualified from ukulele giveaways for quite some some. :) I look forward to see who wins it!

Great idea Russ!! Looking forward to seeing the submissions.

Cool idea! Russ, I'm assuming that the lyrics have to be in there too. Because they all use the same melody.

just want to keep this open to anyone that doesn't want to sing. the three melodies aren't 100% the same. all part of the challenge for the instrumentalists out there.:)

it would be awesome if puremarkska did an entry. i would love to see how he incorporates his amazing talent of using his fluke and other household items to create a nursery rhyme medley. haha

i cant do video, is it all right if i just post audio? albeit the sound quality is goin to sound like poopy, but no each is worse then a bad entry.

i cant do video, is it all right if i just post audio? albeit the sound quality is goin to sound like poopy, but no each is worse then a bad entry.

i would prefer video. borrow a camera if you need to. but if that's not a possibility, then yes, you can post audio only. bear in mind you'll be competing with video so try to get as creative as possible on your audio. good luck!:)

OOOH man...I could use that uke to keep in my dorm room in college next year. I guess I'll be making a video...even though it's going to suck since I only have a digital point and shoot camera and can't edit videos to save my life, and have no good place to shoot it, I hope I'm going to get a pity vote. Haha.

Hmm, I have a decent idea...we'll see. I'll get it done before I move into my dorm. :)

Russell, Russell, you da man,
Giving ukes throughout the land.

Today it is a tenor uke,
Tomorrow will it be your fluke?

Russell, Russell, you da man,
Giving ukes throughout the land.

(Sung to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle, of course...)

Well, that's my entry! :D

Top Bottom