Nice visit today...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I enjoyed a nice visit today from one of our members (Knotical a.k.a. "JP"). Really nice guy. He brought his Epi LP uke for me to install some bone on, and set up. We got a bit more sound out of it I think. Hope your happy with it JP.

Knotical is a talented guy that I've been talking with to make uke straps. He has a cool talent with knots. It is similar to macreme I guess, but not really. It is a totally different thing. We have been jointly designing a uke stap using his untique knoting skill. He has come up with some pretty cool stuff. I will soon be offering his straps as an option with my Düks. He charmed the bride and larve with making them some cool straps. They are really nice, and I plan to take some pictures so you guys can see them. Before he left, my son got a picture of us out in front of the house, the bride and larve sporting their new straps. We couldn't get a strap to fit very well on my uke, ;( hehheh...

Enjoyed the visit Knotical. Hope you (we) do well with the straps.

P1040686.jpg

Last edited:
Great family portrait! Maybe the Tangi just needs a long shoelace...

Tangi? That aint the Tangi, that's a Tenor. Might just be a size perspective thing.. lol..

Aloha Tudorp,
Wow looks like a fun day with JP..and the family photo is an awesome one....love the straps, they look cool too...thanks for sharing....MM Stan

Looks like you have an emerging business, just setting up Epi LP ukes!

- Kurt

Looks like you have an emerging business, just setting up Epi LP ukes!

- Kurt

lol.. Yeah, Epiphone may have opened up some doors huh? hahhah.. I did notice that JP's LP neck has a slight twist to it. I adjusted some much of that out, but still has a slight twist to it. Not enough to really effect it too much, but still. I was reluctant to go too low on the action due to that, but got it lower than it was. The biggest difference I noticed from when he brought it, to when he left, It had a noticeable increase in sustain.

Top Bottom