Who makes Taylor Swift's ukulele?

bdukes

Reaction score
My wife and step-daughter just got back from a Taylor Swift concert and the first thing they said was that she played a ukulele. My obsession has been noticed.

Any idea who made her uke? Some quick googling has several people saying it's a Kamaka, but it doesn't look like one unless it's a total custom. From the videos, it looks like it has a very unique sound hole shape.

Taylor's guitars are made by Taylor Guitars, and she has a killer koa custom. Ukes I don't know but heard one in "Mean" I think it was the other day.

Here's a video of Taylor Swift playing an ukulele on "Fearless." I can't tell what brand it is, but maybe someone will recognize it.

I don't know what kind of uke that is either, but it obviously didn't come with instructions on how to hold and strum it. :-(

JJ

I don't know what kind of uke that is either, but it obviously didn't come with instructions on how to hold and strum it. :-(

JJ

Really! Learn how to play the dang thing before you step on stage. I tell you, between she and Eddie Vedder, this is the beginning of the end.

Hmmmm, wish I could have heard more uke and less Swift.

Why is she playing it like a low slung guitar.

I really doubt that it's a Kamaka. Even the customs I've seen don't deviate that far from looking like Kamakas... Anyway that made me curious and I did a google image search and came up with this still. You can sort of see the label in the soundhole - looks like it has the outline of an island on it?

I should have posted this video instead. She's still holding the ukulele in an odd way, and she's strumming it like it's a guitar (not that there's anything wrong with that), but she at least plays an ukulele solo at about 2:18 and then breaks into a bit of "I'm Yours." I still can't identify the manufacturer of her ukulele.

Last edited:
Really! Learn how to play the dang thing before you step on stage. I tell you, between she and Eddie Vedder, this is the beginning of the end.

it's the strap. Ukuleles played with a strap make the player lazy.

I know from speaking with our Taylor guitar rep that Taylor is starting to make ukuleles (according to him, they should hopefully roll out around the end of the year or beginning of next year) and they have a few prototypes out there. Considering Taylor Swift's connection with Taylor guitars, maybe this is a prototype Taylor uke?

it's the strap. Ukuleles played with a strap make the player lazy.

I think that's an unfair generalization. Taylor Swift wears her guitar low, and she wears her ukulele the same way. The strap she uses for her ukulele is just way too long for her ukulele.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Victoria Vox uses a strap, and she still manages to hold her ukulele properly. And this photo of Jake illustrates that you don't neeed to be using a strap to hold your ukulele really low. In any case, Jake has been using an uke thong recently, and I don't think anyone would call him lazy.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
I think that's an unfair generalization. Taylor Swift wears her guitar low, and she wears her ukulele the same way. The strap she uses for her ukulele is just way too long for her ukulele.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Victoria Vox uses a strap, and she still manages to hold her ukulele properly. And this photo of Jake illustrates that you don't neeed to be using a strap to hold your ukulele really low. In any case, Jake has been using an uke thong recently, and I don't think anyone would call him lazy.

attachment.php
attachment.php

he just started using it recently. I've seen him twice and neither time did he use it.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

i think it was a joke too. I am not a fan of straps at all and I will never use one. Of course, I don't play for hours like these guys and gals either.

That is a "Whamo" uke, no question about it. I can tell a "Whamo" uke anywhere.

Top Bottom