Ukulele for Dummies - Alistair Wood

Foinnse

Reaction score
So, I received an e-mail from Amazon UK telling me my order for Al Woods Ukulele for Dummies book is going to be delayed due to their being "a delay obtaining stock" of the book. I'm a bit bummed but hopefully for Al it just means his book is selling like hot cakes!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/047097799X
His website Uke Hunt (still makes me giggle when you say it out loud at speed..) was one of the main resources I used to get started and I still follow it now and really like the way he does things. There is lots and lots to learn! He explains things very clearly while also injecting a little humor to keep things interesting which I like.

I'm looking forward to getting the book as I hope it might help me progress a little as I feel I've hit a little bit of a plateau and would like a kick up the bum!

Cheers -F

Yeah, it's just newly published. You're lucky, it doesn't come out in the states until the end of August. I'm a big fan of Uke Hunt, especially the podcasts!

Uke Hunt is a great place! One of my most visited websites when I was still trying to figure out which side is up on the ukulele. Nice to see all his work is now paying off for him in a bigger way.

I spend a lot of time on uke hunt and it is a brilliant website really helpful and informative. When the book is released outside the states i will be buying one.

Well the wait doesn't seem so bad now then!! ;)
I'm curious to see how its laid out and if he has been able to write the book in the manner that he writes his blog. We'll soon see and I'll be back to you.....

Cheers -F

If you have an iPad or iPhone, it is available as an ebook in the iBooks store. I'm not sure if it is on Kindle yet. I bought a copy for my iPad and plan to read it on a long plane flight next week. :)

I'm curious to see how its laid out and if he has been able to write the book in the manner that he writes his blog.

I asked Al flat out about that, and he said that although he is responsible for the content, there has been editing done to make the book consistent with the "Dummies" style and format. So although the book might not be quite what you're used too if you're a fan of his site, I am confident that it will still be a good one. The "Dummies" picked the right man for the job, in my opinion.

Never been a fan of the "...for dummies" series of books, but I might be tempted to give this one a shot.

And all for only £8 delivered! That's a downright bargain I recon! :D

Top Bottom