one way road

billyuke

Reaction score
hi everyone, just thought i would post this up to show off a bit as i am quite proud of myself. i still consider myself a beginner on the uke, now my favourite artist is Paul Weller and i was determined to learn one of his songs, and some of you guys in UK will have seen Lead balloon with Jack Dee. Paul Weller sings and plays the theme tune, One way road. i have now learnt to play it in just two days, also learning two new chords Dm7 and Bm. so i am rather chuffed:D I thank you

Congrats, billyuke! That's a great feeling. Thanks for sharing!

Learning new chords/techniques/etc to play music I love is about the most satisfying part of exploring the ukulele for me. Your post reminds me to play the Clash's "I'm Not Down" today; I was psyched after figuring out uke chords for the intro to that one.

Know what you mean, I've been a beginner for nearly 60 years, serious the last year. I still get "chuffed" when I find I can do something that I couldn't only a short while ago. I think it's what keeps us going. thank God for the folks in UkuleleUnderground, a neverending source of support and encouragement.

Nice going :) I also class myself as a newbie / novice despite having a uke bought for Christmas two years ago. I learnt four chords on it and two strum patterns and seemed to stick with those forever, gradually adding another few easier chords. I hardly played for about 18 months, and then a couple of months ago I decided to have some lessons and had five or six before having to take a short break due to family illness ( I start again next week ) - but - having made the decision to enter Johns competition I worked really hard to learn my hymn and the thrill of actually getting it to sound as it should was amazing. Isn't it a wonderful feeling ?? :) Now to add to my pathetic chord knowledge lol.

Top Bottom