song sites

cs1x

Reaction score
I'm trying to learn new songs but some websites are not accurate. Which sites are best to look at for the most modern and up-to-date songs? I'm looking for Hawaiian music, alternative, R&B, reggae. Thanks in advance.

for hawaiian music u can try tropicalstormhawaii.com:music:

It would help if you mentioned what sites you've been to. There are a number of guitar sites like Chordie, AZ Chords, Ultimate Guitar and Tab Crawler and from the songs I've looked at, most have been fairly accurate. Most of these sites are categorized by song and artist, not genre. TSH as stated above has the most Hawaiian (contemporary & traditional) songs listed. There is one other site called Hawaiian Music Archives that has only lyrics to traditional music.

It would help if you mentioned what sites you've been to. There are a number of guitar sites like Chordie, AZ Chords, Ultimate Guitar and Tab Crawler and from the songs I've looked at, most have been fairly accurate. Most of these sites are categorized by song and artist, not genre. TSH as stated above has the most Hawaiian (contemporary & traditional) songs listed. There is one other site called Hawaiian Music Archives that has only lyrics to traditional music.

I've been to dominator ukulele tabs, tropical storm, ukehunt

I am looking toward Hawaiian music that I hear on Island Rhythms 98.5, alternative music, and R&B

I know what you mean about some sites being inaccurate, but I find a lot of times that it's the same chords at several sites. I haven't yet found a site that is 100% reliable, so my best advice is to look a couple places until you find something that sounds right to you. Sometimes you find something that isn't exactly like the song, but might even be better insofar as the fingerings are a little easier. I also find that a lot of covers on youtube will have the chords listed.

Good luck on finding ANY site that is 100%...

Yesterday I went and got 2 different Jimmy Buffett songbooks and in them for example "Son of a son of a Sailor" is different, one book has it as a "D chord" the other is "D7" and not just chords, where the chord changes are also.

Top Bottom