Ukulele and Guitar duet

harry200577

Reaction score
Hi all,

For a school music project me (ukulele player) and my friend (guitar player) are playing a duet. I was wondering if anyone knew of any songs which feature a ukulele and guitar. Any ideas useful.

THANKS ALL!

I think you could do bodysurfing. If you take any songs with chords you could just play the chords at the same time on uke and guuitar.
Do you want to do an instrumental or a song with lyrics?
For an instrumental you could have uke playing melody and guitar playing bass.

Me and the daughter do "Dualing Banjos" allot.. lol..
its fun..

But I guess it should be called Dualing strings.. ;)

Search YouTube for "ukulele and guitar." I've seen lots of ukulele/guitar duets there, and maybe you can get some ideas about what's appropriate for your music project by watching some of them. Let us know what you end up playing!

Search YouTube for "ukulele and guitar." I've seen lots of ukulele/guitar duets there, and maybe you can get some ideas about what's appropriate for your music project by watching some of them. Let us know what you end up playing!

I second the motion.....I think Victoria Vox does a few

you can solo the vocals while the guitars accompains strummin chords ... sounds very nice

Thanks a lot! The bodysurfing duet will be a nice challenge for me (especially a clean speedy tremolo).

I've just written one. It's a bit tricky, ukulele especially. PM me and I'll send you a PDF if you like. I'm performing it next week for the first time, so don't have any recordings of it, but I could send a MIDI version so you could hear it.

Top Bottom