FS Martin Concert

R

RyanMFT

Hey UU brothers and sisters......

Well, a friend brought this ukulele over to me and asked if I would sell it for him. He is retired and is not tech savvy and wants it to go to a good home. He knows vintage uke's are my thing so he handed it to me and said I should decide what to do with it.......

So, here you go UU friends.....a Martin concert in very good condition. This uke was made in 1962 or after as it has the "Made in USA" as part of the stamp on the inside of the body. There are some small dings and scuffs but not that many. If you are interested, I can take more detailed pictures. However, I find no cracks, and I went over it very closely.

Features;
Solid Mahogany
Tortoise Binding
Original tuners (these were needing attention so I took them off and cleaned/lubricated them and now they work as new)
New Aquila Strings
Sounds great, action is good, overall a great player.

This uke has been played and enjoyed. The wood on the first few frets has some wear from play and is not perfectly flat....meaning that the wood has small divets under where you fret a string. Some play wear on the soundboard from strumming (see photos) What else would you like to know about it?

Price: I've looked around and asked friends and some collectors and I think $800 is about right. If you want to make a reasonable offer.......let me know if you are interested.

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

Last edited:
The Martin has left the building.....(now sold)

It is going to a UU member!

Good score! Congrats to its lucky new person.

Top Bottom