Tangi mini ukes...

Me... Like it. but, it's got allot of QA issues, but, I expected it, it is what it is, a cute display uke that can be played. Im happy with it. It is what inspired me to pull the trigger on my own version of mini uke build.. I am hoping mine will be a little more playable out of the box tho.. No regrets.. love it..

I bought 3 of them....first two are great...QC is good and they play nice for what the are....the third was a QC nightmare...the bridge broke when I tried to tune it up...I was pretty sad. I emailed the ebay seller hoping to get another one.

I got two directly from Tangi with the original stands. One is playable and tunes to GCEA, but doesn't want to stay tuned very long. I have to push those pegs in really hard. The other is not playable atm, but it's got prettier wood. Not sure if it'll ever play, but I'm happy with 'em anywho.

Kimmy

I got 2 from ebay. Supposed to be the last batch Mike got from Tangi. As a decor, they look very nice. Tuning is not easy at all, but I manage to get them close to GCEA. Can strum a few C, Am, F, and hardly G.
As advertised, it has top, back, side and bracing like the real big sister soprano.

As i've always said i basically sell these as display ukes although they have always been able to tune play...not easily but they can I even had my friend who is selling the last few left say in their listings that they are not to be expected to be played like Will does on his video.....thus we call them display ukes.....I guess its ther macho in everyone who see's one play one like butter and decide if they can do it they can too can. Have fun trying but a smine did they usually end up as display ukes on your desk or cabinet. We have basccaly less than 10 left and then goodbye .... you got a collectors item

I can play my two pretty well..I will post a video of a couple songs.....cant wait for my 3rd one (the replacement)

I want one, but just don't have the cash right now, maybe when Tudorp brings out his Aphid, I'll be able to lay my hands on it!

I got one of this last batch MGM has. Been a week or two since I got it. It does tune up and will hold if I work the tuners right. Hard to play, for me, so it is basically a display.

I ordered one. I have a son that is being born in 2 months. He needs to start learning how to pull his weight at the house. No slackers.

I think the consensous is that these are cool, and a good buy. Call or email Mike (MGM) and buy them up. They are what they are. Mike is very clear that the video is missleading, and these really aren't meant for playing. He was honest, and very upfront with that. It does have some issues, but again, it was expected and not a disapointment. It is a display piece and should be purchased as a display piece. The cool thing is, it 'can" be played as a fun novelty. With some practice, and a little tweaking, if can be played not too bad. It's fun, buy whats left, because from what I hear, there isn't going to be anymore of them.

That said, if you read in my "Aphid" thread, I am working presently on a design for one. It will be made with playing in mind, but still, like any miniture it will be a novelty. Mike's "Tangi" mini is only $69, plus shipping. A good buy. Mine, will probably from what I am figuring out cost a bit more than that, because I am finding these aren't easy to make, especially with playing in mind. Very labor intensive, but Im having fun doing it.

Bottom line, call mike and get ya one of the last he has left. Mine will be made one at a time, by hand, so even once I start offering mine, there may be a waiting period as I make them. I'm not going to mass produce them so I can keep them as I want them to be. ;)

Top Bottom