WTB: Nice soprano hardcase

NatalieS

Reaction score
I need a nice quality hardcase to house my soprano DaSilva, particularly when I travel. Does anyone have a case for sale? I'm not interested in foam cases or gig bags, thanks. :)

I need a nice quality hardcase to house my soprano DaSilva, particularly when I travel. Does anyone have a case for sale? I'm not interested in foam cases or gig bags, thanks. :)

Talk to mim-- she has the nice uke crazy cases!

Aloha Natalie,
I have a vinyl hard case the ones with the palm tree on...but it would be alot cheaper you buying one direct...these things weigh a ton.. sorry...Stan

Look on Ebay for a GATOR case. I just bought my 3rd. They are great cases for the money, I think I paid $49.oo plus postage for the last one. Sort of a samsonite type case, very sturdy.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I think what I'm looking for is a classy hardcase that isn't afraid to look vintage, since my uke definitely has a vintage style to it. I really *love* the black hardcases that Collings ukes come in-- the ones with the sleek vanilla-colored lining. Unfortunately, Collings has yet to produce a soprano uke so I can't get the case. Ameritage cases are very nice but oh so expensive! And Gator cases look like they're very durable and protective, but a little too modern and bulky looking for me. I'm definitely scouting out my options.

http://elderly.com/accessories/names/ameritage-silver-series-ukulele-case--ASSC4.htm

The only case I'd probably buy if I had a DaSilva or Moore Bettah :)

One other Elderly option: they can order from Martin the same case (known as "Geib-style") that is supplied with the 5K and Daisy ukes (both Soprano sized). The only problem is that the cost of the Martin case is likely in the same price range as the Ameritage Gold. (And, I like both of these cases better than the one that came with my Collings.)

I have seen this case and can confidently state that I have not come across a finer case than this Martin – I am thinking of ordering one for my Martin 3K (it came with a gray thermoplastic molded case that is ok, but not my favorite). Although, the Ameritage that came with my Santa Cruz is pretty great also. So, I too need to decide between the two – either would be a fitting home for a lifetime instrument.

In the end, is this a pricey purchase? Absolutely. But in my opinion a high quality uke like a DaSilva (or other) deserves the best available protection. Does that mean I have now spent $$$ on a case that otherwise would have been spent on acquiring another instrument? Probably . . . but, that’s another story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom