Ohana 5-string?

marymac

Reaction score
I remember Ohana coming out with a 5-string tenor last year. What happened to that? I looked on their site and didn't see it there at all. Did they discontinue it already?

I hope not! I have one on order from my local dealer.

Ok good - just wondering! Maybe they just never got it on their website.

I think you have to order it from your local Ohana dealer. The demand must be more than they can keep up with, so you better pre-order rather than just waiting until they get them in, and then have someone else buy it before you can get to it. I have one, and it is one of my favorite ukuleles. I am very impressed with it and recommend it highly. You might PM Ken Middleton, since he was closely involved with it's development.

–Lori

Thanks Lori! Looks like Boat Paddle is making one too. Not ready to pull the trigger on this yet anyway. Just got my first baritone and I'm enjoying that too much to play anything else right now.

As Lori implied, we are having difficulty keeping up with demand. Some of the main Ohana dealers may still have one in stock, but not many, I'm afraid. It has proved to be very popular. We gave one as a prize at the Ukulele Festival Of Great Britain a week ago. We have absolutely no intention of discontinuing it.

Top Bottom