### Please Recommend Strings for Pono MHTSH ###

pongblues

Reaction score
What's the best strings for Pono MHTSH ?
Mahana
Alohi
D'addario J71
Aquila

Thx

Depends on the Pono MHTSH and your ears... so try them all. Pick one set and play them for a couple weeks, then the next, then the next, then the next. You'll know after a couple months. Don't trim the ends, so you can settle down with your faves after hearing them all.

Aloha Pongblues...
Welcome to the UU and our forums ....have fun and enjoy...on your pono string.. depends how your uke sounds and how it playability and comfort is...and what is most important to you to address.
is it bright or warm..or are you looking for less tension for umproved playability and comfort...it is always a trade off..

For any Pono I would definitely start with Worth clears, probably low 4th G unless you want traditional reentrant tuning. I bought a Kanile'a and all I really needed on my Pono PKT1 was those strings, they made all the difference. Side by side I could hear the difference, but it wasn't huge between the two ukes. But I had to sell the Pono to help pay for the Kanile'a.

I would try the Ko`olau Mahana strings on that ukulele. I really like them on my Pono PKT-1. My second favorite would have to be the D'Addario J71 Pro Arte.

I like Worth's on my Soprano but honestly I switched some ukes to the Southcoast stuff and can't get enough of them. They are great, bright, complex and "feel" good on your fingers.

I love Alohis on my Pono. I tried the D'Addarios and hated them, but honestly it's all personal preference. :)

I would try Ko'olau brands first . . . since they're originally strung with 'em. Then try the other brands.

Top Bottom