Doc_J

Reaction score

Attachments

• kamaka-not.jpg
    kamaka-not.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
any other pics doc?

Stan will know, I'm sure of that. You definitely don't see that celluloid binding on too many of them and yeah, the bridge doesn't look like standard issue Kamaka. But then the shape of the body looks pretty right...

duh...just saw your link doc. I reckon it's a Kamaka but I'm a trusting and gullible soul :eek:

Last edited:
Hard to say.. Honestly, I can't believe that you can get away with selling a ukulele with a wide shot of the body and of the case. When I sell an instrument I post between 6 and 10 photos.

Amazing. How can you possibly bid on something with so little information?

My first instinct is to say no. The binding, the bridge. His description says "Kamaka Soprano gold label ukulele is in excellent condition, no cracks or splits. It has a white label inside with “Kamaka Ukulele” in red and black letters"

It's a gold label, but with a white label inside....

I wouldn't buy it without more photos. And even calling Kamaka with the date code and asking them about it.

I'd just send picture(s) and ask Kamaka like Pedal said

My concern would be the account hasnt been used since 2007. I would try to contact the account holder via ebay. I always check out the account before even considering a purchase. It also does not carry the paypal guarentee.

You're right about Stan. He the da man! The end graft looks peculiar too for a Kamaka, doesn't it?

I'd just send picture(s) and ask Kamaka like Pedal said

From Kamakas site FAQ.
How do I verify the authenticity of a Kamaka ukulele on eBay?

You can't, unless you have someone who is a Kamaka expert look at it in person for you. Certain features such as the "KK" decal on the headstock, the label in the soundhole, the shape or tuners, may identify a uke as a Kamaka, but are by no means conclusive. You will not know for certain if the uke you bid on is the real deal until you receive it in the mail. We have received countless inquiries at the factory about auctions on eBay for used Kamaka ukuleles. Our expert eyes cannot always identify in the pictures any flaws, repairs, modifications, or even counterfeits for that matter. Although we periodically scan eBay for irregular auctions for our ukes, copyright infringement, and counterfeits, we remain unable to provide reassurance to eBay buyers who choose to purchase ukuleles photographed from their best angle, sound unheard.

Last sentence in particular.

Very hard angle to guage if it is authentic or not. The headstock appears to be somewhat correct, the decal is barely visible but appears a double k. The wood, it may have been photographed with bright light, but Kamaka's are usually much darker in appearance and I don't remember ever seeing one with either celluloid or taped off straight binding. The end of the fretboard appears correct on SOME models of Kamaka with the center point, but most either have square, or the older have a one sided fret extention wing down the treble side of the fretboard. THe bridge is much higher and much more "fussy" than a Kamaka which has just a flat knot insert style bridge on the smaller models and tie offs on others. My first inclination is NO. But it might just be the photography.

Last edited:
Aloha Gang,
Yes it's a real kamaka and they are rare....they are a deluxe model from the 60's..some were special orders..well mostly.....some have binding from top and I seen one on top and back....
Yes i had one...ha ha here it is...
017.jpg
MM Stan

Thanks Stan. I learned something today.

Aloha Gang,
Yes it's a real kamaka and they are rare....they are a deluxe model from the 60's..some were special orders..well mostly.....some have binding from top and I seen one on top and back....
Yes i had one...ha ha here it is...
017.jpg
MM Stan

aaaah Stan, you've come through again Bruddah. :) Thanks mate.

Top Bottom