An "Underground" uke - Coincidence?

Hazy, who lives over in 'England went to visit London and sent some of us stickers. I got one of these underground stickers from her a few years ago. I think the person is just making a novelty London uke.

many cities have undergrounds. here in Atlanta there is Underground Atlanta. Been around since the 90s.

Maybe Tudorp should partner up with UU and start his own line with a UU uke with some of the proceeds going to support the forum?? Just to get started. I bet once he gets into the swing of things he will be putting out some top notch stuff.

Hazy, who lives over in 'England went to visit London and sent some of us stickers. I got one of these underground stickers from her a few years ago. I think the person is just making a novelty London uke.

many cities have undergrounds. here in Atlanta there is Underground Atlanta. Been around since the 90s.

I agree. London Underground Paraphernalia is everywhere around the city not to mention every subway station and tourist shop. If someone's going to market a tourist uke in London, throwing a London Undeground logo on is one of the more obvious choices. I'd say it's a fun coincidence. Even if the designer knew about UU, it's much more likely that the inspiration came from all the droves of London Underground souveniers.

They don't have subways in England they have undergrounds . They also knock up there friends regularly, LOL the difference in usage of some terms around peoples who even use the same language can really get very funny.

They don't have subways in England they have undergrounds . They also knock up there friends regularly, LOL the difference in usage of some terms around peoples who even use the same language can really get very funny.

No doubt, tell an Australian you're "pissed" and he'll think you're drunk.

I thought England had tubes?

I thought England had tubes?

Yep! Tubes that run through the underground system! :D lol

Seen those London Underground ukuleles in trinket tourists shops through the city.

Usual tourist trash...

No doubt, tell an Australian you're "pissed" and he'll think you're drunk.

Tell an English person that and they'll think either you're angry or drunk!

People in England "knock up" their friends? I'm pretty sure that means the same thing in England as it does in America. Unless there is a way that that is used in England I'm entirely unaware of. Which seems doubtful enough, I'm Irish.

Cheers -F

Had friends while I was there long ago that user the term meaning they were going to go visit or call on the phone , times change. Like to fell out of my chair first time I heard it used that way .

Last edited:
I was browsing ukes on eBay, and came across this uke:
http://cgi.ebay.com/London-Undergro...nstruments&hash=item5ae12e78b5#ht_2349wt_1139

And it reminded me of Ukulele Underground. What an interesting coincidence :D

I think I'm missing something. Ukulele Underground is a website, the London Underground is a public transportation system? Where does the idea-stealing coming in? Is it just because they both have the word "underground" in the name, because in that case, you need to take up this issue with Velvet Underground, Underground (1995) directed by Emir Kusturica, and the Underground Railroad :D. Underground is also a comic, a play, a Ben Folds Five song, a club, a counter-culture movement in the UK, a Twinkle Brothers album, a Stargate Atlantis episode, a shopping district in Atlanta, a role-playing game, a canadian student paper, a resistance movement during WWII, and the name of a book in the Animorphs series.

Last edited:
About a year ago I met a music teacher and started telling him about the resurgence in popularity of the ukulele, which was news to him. When I said that uke fests are being held all across the country, he said, "Wow, it's like there's this whole ukulele underground that I never knew about".

Top Bottom