HELP! Eugene, Oregon or bust!

H

Hippie Dribble

Hi everyone

Does anybody live in Eugene, Oregon or at least close to there? I just sold a mya moe tenor and am looking to buy a little soprano in its place. Pacific Winds Music have one but they won't ship internationally. If someone were willing to do the go between stuff for me I'd happily offer you some recompense and/or a gift.

I know it's a longshot but if I don't at least ask then I won't know. Thanks in advance. :)

(PS not sure if this is the right board to post this, or even if I'm allowed to ask such a question, but mods will swap / remove if inappropriate)

if i were rich i would gladly fly down there and do that for you. Eugene is one of my favorite places in the whole wooooorld

Jon,
Maybe they would ship to someone close by on the West coast and they in turn could ship it to you down under. I would offer my services, but they would have to ship it clear across the country and then I would ship it all the way back across and then off to Australia. I'm sure it would cost a small fortune.

thanks Dana

my geography is poor...for some reason I thought Oregon was closer to where North and South Dakota are. I just checked out a map of US mainland and see what you mean.

I'll try and PM a friend of mine in Cali and see what he says. Thanks for the info mate. :)

I live in Los Angeles. Too far to just pick it up. But, if you have it shipped here, I would ship it to Australia for you. On your dime, of course. But, I'll do the paper and leg work for you. Find someone closer to just pick it up if you can, and save a couple bucks. In a pinch, I have the time to help you out if you need it.

Actually, the replacement of a tenor to a soprano is kinda like a haircut to the herd, right? And nobody takes their declaration of UAS stabilization seriously, do they? Shoot. I suggested I was done less than 45 days ago and I currently have two Mya Moes on order.

No offense, but I thought you were "thinning the herd" because of how your UAS had impacted your family's finances.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?45704-Paupers-and-Kings-A-Confession

Now you want to buy more?

No offense, but I thought you were "thinning the herd" because of how your UAS had impacted your family's finances.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?45704-Paupers-and-Kings-A-Confession

Now you want to buy more?

No offence taken.

yep thinning the herd. At one point I had 34 ukes in the house. Recently, it's gone down from 26 to 5 at the moment. Given where I was I think that is an achievement but yeah, the Mya Moe is calling me. I actually just sold a beautiful Mya Moe tenor because I just never played it, too big. This soprano would be a nice replacement. I'm trying to stay at the 5 number, so if the desire to purchase one comes, I will sell another in it's place. For me, that's about as good as I'm gonna get it for the moment. But thanks for pointing that out. It's been a low few months for sure and depression, health wise not much sign of improvement. The uke is my only passion. I have managed to get a touch over 5000 in the bank now as well as put an extra 1000 into the kids trust account so at least financially, things have improved a little. I pretty much have sold everything except my Mya Moe ukes. I think they're the best ukes being made at the moment.

Hey, I'm an impulsive and contradictory person, like many of us, struggling with manyl number of issues. I aint perfect but I'm headed in the right direction. Cheers.

The bad news is that I live about 3 hours south of Eugene. The good news is that friends who live in Eugene are coming down to stay with us this weekend. I would be glad to ask if they would drop by Pacific Winds to pick up your new sweetheart. They could then deliver it to me and I'll mail it to you via US Postal Service.

By coincidence, I was in Pacific Winds a few days ago and had a chance to take a look at that very instrument. You're not likely to be disappointed with it! :drool:

A bloke from Oz named "eugene ukulele" buying a ukulele in Eugene? That's just too good not to be a part of!

No offence taken.

yep thinning the herd. At one point I had 34 ukes in the house. Recently, it's gone down from 26 to 5 at the moment. Given where I was I think that is an achievement but yeah, the Mya Moe is calling me. I actually just sold a beautiful Mya Moe tenor because I just never played it, too big. This soprano would be a nice replacement. I'm trying to stay at the 5 number, so if the desire to purchase one comes, I will sell another in it's place. For me, that's about as good as I'm gonna get it for the moment. But thanks for pointing that out. It's been a low few months for sure and depression, health wise not much sign of improvement. The uke is my only passion. I have managed to get a touch over 5000 in the bank now as well as put an extra 1000 into the kids trust account so at least financially, things have improved a little. I pretty much have sold everything except my Mya Moe ukes. I think they're the best ukes being made at the moment.

Hey, I'm an impulsive and contradictory person, like many of us, struggling with manyl number of issues. I aint perfect but I'm headed in the right direction. Cheers.

I hear ya, Eugene-- that's a crazy adjustment to go from 34 to 5 ukes! I think the most I ever had at one time was 5, and I'm down to one that I'm very happy with. Don't feel like you have to justify yourself to anyone here. I've had a few people hint that I must be rich because I got a DaSilva.... in reality, I'm anything but rich. It's frustrating when people concentrate on things like $$ when all I wanna do is enjoy my new uke and not feel like I have to explain why/how I got a custom. It's healthy to sell some ukes in order to fund the next one. :) I hope you're able to get your new uke! It'll have a great story behind it.

Hey! my sister goes to U of O, we should jam sometime in Eugene!

I live in Los Angeles. Too far to just pick it up. But, if you have it shipped here, I would ship it to Australia for you. On your dime, of course. But, I'll do the paper and leg work for you. Find someone closer to just pick it up if you can, and save a couple bucks. In a pinch, I have the time to help you out if you need it.

Thanks didge, rzr, mustache, Mia and Nat

you guys are all awesome. Didge, I am hoping to work something out with saltytri but I appreciate your kindness mate. I'll get in touch if there's a hitch.

This is why the UU is so wonderful and my favorite online place to be in the whole world. :)

For the record you can use services like http://www.priceusa.com.au/ to buy from US businesses that won't ship to AUS. They charge a 5% fee but its the easiest way to do it. I am not affiliated with PriceUSA and there are other services like it, but I have used them before and they delivered the goods.

Aloha Eugene,
Will the guy ship it to me in Hawaii....and I can send it to you.....ha ha love to play it...too...and test it..
wow 5 ukes....hey man if ukes make you happy and it is your passion...you shouldn't deny yourself of limitations.. but don't tell Mrs Eugenie I said that though.. ha ha...MM Stan

Top Bottom