San Jose Ukulele Club

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
I took a night for myself during my SF Bay area sojourn, and went to the San Jose Ukulele Club meeting tonight.

It was a fun evening, lots of great people, and a great hostess, Gillian, from here on UU!

I got several compliments, and my FireFly Banjo Uke got even more.

One of the gentlemen attending had a Rally Banjo Uke - nice little instrument, 7" pot, he said that several people had done a group buy, and got them for around $160/each, case included.

Another player from the Albany NY Area attended as well, and we both got up and played for the open mike.

Just a great time, and I got to show off both my Fluke and my FireFly.

I won't be at the next meeting in two weeks, but I'll be back next month.

Thanks again, Gillian!

-Kurt

Hi, Kurt,

I'm glad you had a good time and thank you for your wonderful impromptu performance. I'm seeing more members with banjo ukes and it would be fun to get them together and do a song at open mike time.

Our club will be marking it's first year of existence at the end of August and it is rewarding to see how much some members have improved in their skills and even more, to see them overcoming their shyness, and going up to the mike, as you saw Ed and Dave do tonight.

See you next month.

Gillian

Aloha Kurt,
Sounds Like you are having a blast in the west coast....hope the in laws are doing fine and improving....Best Wishes...MM Stan...

Sounds like a lot of fun was had, need to set up my first Jam night now that I have some members, glad to hear you're having fun!

And I forgot to mention Gillian's GORGEOUS Kamaka 6 string! Not only was it the first Kamaka I've ever touched, the sound was quite lovely!

I think that might be on the list of future acquisitions, after the National resophonic...

-Kurt

Top Bottom